PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Tool Palette Sets

BCrouse
2006-02-27, 05:57 PM
Summary: The ability to Multiple Tool Palettes Sets

Description: Right now I believe that you can only have one Tool Palettes Set in one profile at a time. With this ability to have Multiple Tool Palette Sets, it will allow CAD Managers to have more Multiple Tool Palette Sets to their specific needs.

How Used: The way that I would use Multiple Tool Palette Sets. I would have them separated into different aspects to discipline. Such as Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Floor Plan, Elevations / Sections, Structural, Annotation, Landscaping and etc…

Feature Affinity: Tool Palettes

Submitted By: Brad Crouse on February 27, 2006

david_peterson
2006-02-27, 06:18 PM
How Used: The way that I would use Multiple Tool Palette Sets. I would have them separated into different aspects to discipline. Such as Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Floor Plan, Elevations / Sections, Structural, Annotation, Landscaping and etc…
I'm thinking that I like the idea, but can you tell me what the advantage is? How is this really different from creating different groups. The only real difference that I can see, is that you wouldn't have to look at the different groups available. I guess I'm not seeing the big benefit. Not that we should need a big benefit.

BCrouse
2006-02-27, 06:23 PM
I'm thinking that I like the idea, but can you tell me what the advantage is? How is this really different from creating different groups. The only real difference that I can see, is that you wouldn't have to look at the different groups available. I guess I'm not seeing the big benefit. Not that we should need a big benefit.
Lets say that you have 7 different clients with 7 different wants and needs. This you can have 7 different Tool Palette Sets to meet each clients specifications. Because not all clients think and resound the same.

Brad

david_peterson
2006-02-27, 06:29 PM
So you could have 7 different groups or tool pallets. I guess I'm just not sure what type of tools you're creating. We had talked at our firm about using project based pallet groups, which you could load from the content browser located on our server. Now if what you're trying to accomplish has more to do with Layering, and layer keying, I can see why you would need them.

BCrouse
2006-02-27, 06:33 PM
Now if what you're trying to accomplish has more to do with Layering, and layer keying, I can see why you would need them.
That would be another reason why you could have the ability. We should not limit the ability the choices to get thing accomplished. The more tools the better!

thank you,

Brad

david_peterson
2006-02-27, 06:37 PM
That would be another reason why you could have the ability. We should not limit the ability the choices to get thing accomplished. The more tools the better!

thank you,

BradI'm in total agreement with that :beer:

Beth Powell
2006-02-27, 08:06 PM
Are you sure you're not talking about tool palette groups? In 2006 we currently have tool palette groups. In ABS we can have mechanical, plumbing, electrical and in ADT we have design, document, detailing. We can show all at once or just the one we want.

We could also have a different tool palette or tool palette group based on a tool catalog.

Steve_Bennett
2006-02-28, 03:13 AM
I would highly recommend getting a trial version of ADT 2006 so you can see the new features - it's good for 30 days, just contact your reseller for a copy. In 2006, with a combination of workspaces generated, you can do what you described. In one profile, one workspace would be for one client with a set of specific tool palette groups & simply create additional workspaces for each client.

david_peterson
2006-02-28, 10:11 PM
In one profile, one workspace would be for one client with a set of specific tool palette groups & simply create additional workspaces for each client.Steve, I thought multi profile setups caused you nothing but headaches :screwy: . Or is it fixed in 2006?

Steve_Bennett
2006-03-01, 02:43 AM
Steve, I thought multi profile setups caused you nothing but headaches :screwy: . Or is it fixed in 2006?Not multi profiles, multiple workspaces tied to multiple profiles. It's working much better IMHO.