PDA

View Full Version : Wall Footing Glitch

jrichardson
2006-02-27, 09:34 PM
I know that there are issues with the wall footing tool and other threads have recommended that the slab tool works better for now. I am still trying to make the best of the wall footing where I can.

I have run into an area where part of the wall footing jumps up and forms a footing object up towards the top of the wall. See picture below. I have also attach the rvt if anyone is interested in taking a look. The wall type that I am using consist of a 10" and 6" concrete wall. The 10" layer is unlocked so I can drag to show the brick ledge.

Wasn't for sure if this is something that others have run across or if I should send it on as a potential bug. I am able to make these go away if I miter the corners. Is there a preferred method for corner configurations or are others changing from the default when things like this happen and you set it to whichever one fixes the problem?

thanks

Paul Andersen
2006-02-28, 02:13 AM
I too have been using the continuous footing tool whenever possible and it has been working quite well for me with the exception of some curved wall intersections and areas where I need the foundation to continue on past the end of a wall.

As you've already found the trickier intersections generally seem to clean up when you switch the wall join to miter. I believe this is mainly due to the fact that that is the only join method the footing tool currently uses. In general I let RS handle the wall joins by itself and clean them up when necessary.

I would submit this to support so they can have a look at it. This is a fairly common foundation wall type and the better the footing tool gets the more we can all use it. While I've seen some weird stuff with this tool it's the first time I've seen your situation with the partial jump.

rmcelvain.103137
2006-02-28, 01:49 PM
Jamie,

I played around with your RVT file and found (not sure if you had) that the cause of the glitch is your 10"/6" wall. When the T/Ledges line up and you trim them together something (no ideas here) happens to the footing. I doubt if this helps you much, but maybe it gives you something to tinker with?