PDA

View Full Version : Spot Elevation text

jmctamney
2006-02-28, 02:50 PM
I'm trying to use the spot elevation to callout some top of steel and top of footing elevations. My problem is with the layout of the text. Ideally I would like to add the prefix above the leader line and the elevations below the leader line. In other words, Edit it so I have a label above the leader for the prefix (T.O. STL) and a tag below the leader for the elevation. If I can just get into the spot elevation family to edit it, I think I can get it done.

Anyone know how to go about editing a system family?

Paul Andersen
2006-02-28, 04:22 PM
Aside from creating your own symbol and tweaking some text properties / formatting there really isn't much else you can do to the spot dimension tool. This would be a very good wishlist item.

bgarrett
2006-07-11, 08:34 PM
I am also having this problem along with trying to edit the elevation its self so that I can put SLOPED in the spot of the text. I would like to use the typical spot elevation symbol insted of creating my own. It would be nice to have the option of overwriting the text that is placed in this symbol. With ADT dims you add the <> symbol and that keeps the dimension active, then you put what ever other text you want around that symbol. Any ideas would be helpfull.