PDA

View Full Version : Fix Exploded Tables?

iainslie
2006-03-06, 03:39 PM
Someone in my office (someone who should only be allowed to use an abacus) has exploded tables on a couple of projects. It makes about as much sense as putting square tires on your car! No back-ups go back to before the tables were exploded.

Is there any way to change what is now only a collection of lines and text back to tables?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Ian

Wanderer
2006-03-06, 03:55 PM
Someone in my office (someone who should only be allowed to use an abacus) has exploded tables on a couple of projects. It makes about as much sense as putting square tires on your car! No back-ups go back to before the tables were exploded.

Is there any way to change what is now only a collection of lines and text back to tables?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Iandoesn't look like this (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=34857)is possible with acad... would be nice, though.

iainslie
2006-03-06, 04:16 PM
I kind of figured that was the case, but will look into the dotsoft stuff. Thanks for the help!

Ian

john.curschmann
2006-07-10, 04:18 PM
I too have this same problem, is there a way to render tables editable but completely unexlodeable?

Chris.N
2006-07-10, 04:23 PM
I too have this same problem, is there a way to render tables editable but completely unexlodeable?can you place them on a locked layer?

thomas.stright
2006-07-10, 04:26 PM
can you place them on a locked layer?How would that make them editable but completely unexlodeable?

Chris.N
2006-07-10, 04:32 PM
How would that make them editable but completely unexlodeable?well, it makes both a little more difficult and deliberate, that's all.

john.curschmann
2006-07-10, 04:51 PM
can you place them on a locked layer?

Oh he is deliberatly exploding them. "I needed to edit them fast" (whine whine whine) I'm in a remote location from rest of office and have tried to beat the ease of using tables into his head. But everytime i get a sheet back from him all my tables are toast. Maybe i can block the table so it explodes to non-plotting layers. That'll teach him, lol

Chris.N
2006-07-10, 05:03 PM
Oh he is deliberatly exploding them. "I needed to edit them fast" (whine whine whine) I'm in a remote location from rest of office and have tried to beat the ease of using tables into his head. But everytime i get a sheet back from him all my tables are toast. Maybe i can block the table so it explodes to non-plotting layers. That'll teach him, loldoes he know he can edit the text without exploding? :screwy:

john.curschmann
2006-07-10, 05:29 PM
Yes he does, he says "I wasn't sure how to add and delete columns?" I guess I'll to run him thru the tutorial for the fourth time. aarrgrh

Wanderer
2006-07-10, 05:33 PM
:shock: here... sounds like this :beer: is the only relief you'll get from this conundrum...
Yes he does, he says "I wasn't sure how to add and delete columns?" I guess I'll to run him thru the tutorial for the fourth time. aarrgrh

BrenBren
2006-07-10, 06:27 PM
Do yourself a favor, and write it all down for him. People don't often take notes, or at least not good notes, when being trained, it is always better to have good materials to provide when you are training someone in something..

Wonder if there has been an ATP course on tables yet :?

jaberwok
2006-07-10, 07:13 PM
From the archive - "ATP090 Fields and Tables" might help.

BrenBren
2006-07-10, 08:26 PM
From the archive - "ATP090 Fields and Tables" might help.
D'oh, I meant to go look for that after I posted... Thanks :)

ccowgill
2006-07-12, 04:55 PM
redefine the explode command so tables cant be exploded

(command "undefine" "explode")
(defun c:explode ()
(setvar "cmdecho" 0)
(setq ss (ssget '((-4 . "<NOT")
(-4 . "<OR")
(0 . "*DIMENSION,ACAD_TABLE,*LEADER")
(-4 . "OR>")
(-4 . "NOT>")
)
)
)
(setvar "qaflags" 1)
(command "_.explode" ss "")
(setvar "qaflags" 2)
)

dfarris75
2006-08-08, 08:16 PM
If the guy isn't willing to learn something as simple as tables I'm not sure he's worth keeping around... if you get my drift.