PDA

View Full Version : Auto align without rotating text

Opie
2006-03-09, 04:16 PM
I have a block that our arch side would like to use that needs the text to remain horizontal. The block needs to auto align to the wall (or whatever) line. See the attachment. I hope it explains everything.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Mike.Perry
2006-03-09, 04:37 PM
Hi

For starters see if any the information available in the following thread helps...

No luck rotating attributes...

Plus using the below search criteria in this forum ( AutoCAD 2006 Dynamic Blocks (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198) ) returns a number of possible useful threads...

Key Word(s): *Rotat* + *Text*

Have a good one, Mike

Opie
2006-03-09, 04:51 PM
Hi

For starters see if any the information available in the following thread helps...

No luck rotating attributes...

Plus using the below search criteria in this forum ( AutoCAD 2006 Dynamic Blocks (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198) ) returns a number of possible useful threads...

Key Word(s): *Rotat* + *Text*

Have a good one, Mike
Thanks Mike. Apparently I left something off of my initial search and that would be *align* in addition to the other two you suggested.

This thread (Dynamic Blocks Lookup Table Help) suggests that this is not possible.

:( Oh well.

Chris.N
2006-03-09, 05:58 PM
I have a block that our arch side would like to use that needs the text to remain horizontal. The block needs to auto align to the wall (or whatever) line. See the attachment. I hope it explains everything.

Let me know if you need any more information.Richard, the only thing i can think of is creating a block/lisp routine combo that would place block, explode (after placed, 'align' doesn't work if explode block is selected upon insertion), select marker, and re-align rotation to 0deg.

Opie
2006-03-09, 06:19 PM
Richard, the only thing i can think of is creating a block/lisp routine combo that would place block, explode (after placed, 'align' doesn't work if explode block is selected upon insertion), select marker, and re-align rotation to 0deg.
I'll have to think on that one a bit. Thanks. I will probably leave it as is and let them rotate the text. I won't be working on those drawings. ;)