PDA

View Full Version : Auto Co-ordinate Tagging

b.boyes
2006-03-09, 09:46 PM
I am preparing a co-ordinated setting out plan (Easting's & Northing's) and was looking for a way to automatically show an easting and northing based on a point that I place in the drawing. I started by placing a point in my drawing , then inserting a field (using the point as an object) and position option. This works really well, my intention was to group these two items together and copy it to where ever i need it on my dwg. However the reading I'm getting differs from the reading when i ID the point. I have set the drawing to world USC, the ID is correct according to the survey but when I use the field option, it's gives a different reading. Has anyone come across a similar issue ?

Mike.Perry
2006-03-09, 10:01 PM
Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2006 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197) forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Mike.Perry
2006-03-09, 10:07 PM
<SNIP> This works really well, my intention was to group these two items together and copy it to where ever i need it on my dwg. However the reading I'm getting differs from the reading when i ID the point. I have set the drawing to world USC, the ID is correct according to the survey but when I use the field option, it's gives a different reading. Has anyone come across a similar issue ?Hi

What is FieldEval set to ?

What happens if you force a regen ? ie Use command _.Regen or _.RegenAll ( depending on situation ).

+

ID: TS1054844 - Object fields displaying coordinate information relative to the World UCS (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?id=6686677&linkID=2475323&siteID=123112)

Have a good one, Mike

b.boyes
2006-03-10, 09:11 AM
Thanks Mike

The link to the thread answered the question. Field results relate to the world ucs of the current drawing, even if you have moved it to align with something else. Seems strange you cant get them to read from the aligned UCS.

jgratton
2007-03-07, 10:38 PM
Thanks Mike

The link to the thread answered the question. Field results relate to the world ucs of the current drawing, even if you have moved it to align with something else. Seems strange you cant get them to read from the aligned UCS.

Sounds like a good topic for the wishlist.