PDA

View Full Version : Final Product?

kyleschmeusser
2006-03-13, 08:01 PM
I have heard many great things about the Civil 3D program. I have seen the many great things it can do and am convinced that I should start using it. Right now, our company is debating whether to use the program, but we are stuck on one thing. The final product. We haven't found anything that shows us what a final set of plans look like. I know there is the design and plot functions in the program, but I would like to see the plan plotted. Is there anyone who can help me with this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MHultgren
2006-03-13, 08:13 PM
I personally use 3D as my preliminary and for What-if's. Since there is limited Piping abailities, I usually do most of my Drafting work in LDT to finish up a set of plans. If you go with Civil 3D, make sure that you get the Companions (LDT and Civil Design) installed as well.

dmarx
2006-03-13, 08:47 PM
With all the settings and label styles, you can create just about anything if you spend the time on it.

although it will not cut sheets like land desktop was able to. Just depends how your company works, we cut our own sheets, so we use C3D for everything.

eckdahlrd
2006-03-14, 03:51 PM
One of the things lots of people from the 2007 beta have been saying is that it is "finally" production ready. I didn't get a chance to run the beta, but from the stuff I've heard is that it is miles ahead of 2006. We'll see when it comes out if it is 2 miles or a million....

For 2006 deliverables, if you spend enough time in the details of the styles, it's pretty good, and can save time in the long run. Sometimes you have to be a little creative though to get what you are looking for.

It was mentioned about cutting the sheets, I have had good results with creating profile views for each sheet. What's really cool is that it puts all the datum and station text in model space making it really easy to change the datum or the station range. I still have one overall profile that I do my work in (it doesn't have any vertical exaggeration, so it's really simple to work in), but my sheet pv's automatically update since really it is just another view of the same profile.

bruce.adams
2006-03-16, 10:47 PM
For people that are running the beta a good place to go for info on the product is the new features workshop in Help on the beta. This has a wealth of information to get a jump on the product.

nlabrant
2007-04-19, 03:45 PM
Is this question about the compatibility of pen styles from AutoCAD or LDD to Civil 3D?

I've used Civil 3D for a few (brief) months, and i've found the 'plot preview' command does as well as anything to 'preview' a sheet before plotting.

Thanks and regards,

Nick

dgordon.68443
2007-06-01, 04:40 PM
Here is a screen capture of a layout of a plan and profile I created totally in Civil 3D

Shows what is possible.

dgordon.68443
2007-06-01, 04:46 PM
Ok, I just realized that the gif format limit is 600x800 so I re sampled the drawing.
hopefully I can get it to attach this time.