PDA

View Full Version : BOM Updating

stevefernandez
2006-03-23, 12:18 AM
Hello,
I use inventor 10 pro and I have a question about the BOM. I made an assembly and brought in a few parts from the content center (C-channel). After I brought the parts in I modified them in the assembly. After I modified the parts I noticed that they would not update in the BOM or the parts list. Why did they not update? I had to manually edit the BOM and parts list. The only thing I could think of is that I saved the parts from the content center in a different folder than the default folder. If that were the case, how do I fix the problem (if that is in deed the problem)? Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Steve Fernandez
Mechanical Engineer/Design Engineer

Wanderer
2006-03-24, 05:39 PM
Hi Steve,

I'm going to move this from the hotnews forum so it will be served better.
Thanks!

Hello,
I use inventor 10 pro and I have a question about the BOM. I made an assembly and brought in a few parts from the content center (C-channel). After I brought the parts in I modified them in the assembly. After I modified the parts I noticed that they would not update in the BOM or the parts list. Why did they not update? I had to manually edit the BOM and parts list. The only thing I could think of is that I saved the parts from the content center in a different folder than the default folder. If that were the case, how do I fix the problem (if that is in deed the problem)? Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Steve Fernandez
Mechanical Engineer/Design Engineer

jonathan.landeros
2006-03-24, 07:23 PM
Hello,

Thanks

Steve Fernandez
Mechanical Engineer/Design EngineerAre you sure that the parts that you're changing are still being referenced by the assembly? Simple I know, but I've seen it happen.

Also do you have the latest service packs? (We're up to SP3a). I think some BOM issues may have been fixed in those, but don't hold me to it.