PDA

View Full Version : Filled Regions Still Plotting Black...

BillyGrey
2004-05-04, 11:33 PM
Hmmm

I'm running 6.1

White region plots black.

Seems like this issue is really hanging fire...

Anyone else?

Reasurances???

(e.O.r.)

b

SkiSouth
2004-05-04, 11:50 PM
Can you be more specific, plotter being used. Are you drawing white fill on white screen background or black, Standard Drafting mode solid fill ?
was it a new project or and updated file?Stuff like that...

BillyGrey
2004-05-05, 12:47 AM
This is an updated project, drafting fill, solid white. Plotter?
The fills show up black in preview mode, before they ever get to my
Encad Cadjet.

My point is whether or not this issue is being or has been resolved. I understand this forum is moderated by the mods (Go Team) and
"loosely monitored" by the factory folks (Yea). I'm sure this is an old bug that deserves resolution.

Now, tell me what you know :)

Thanks,
Billy

FK
2004-05-05, 01:17 AM
Can you post a truly minimal example (the region and nothing else)?

beegee
2004-05-05, 01:51 AM
Now, tell me what you know :)

This is the latest that I know...

Latest build of 6 and 6.1 fills plot correctly when plotting in greyscale.

sbrown
2004-05-05, 03:45 PM
Don't be offended but do you have the properties of the print set to black and white or grayscale. I've done this myself numerous times. Under print setup make sure its greyscale or color and try again.

BillyGrey
2004-05-05, 04:19 PM
Hey guys,

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit short or came on too strong :(
I did'nt mean to be a butt :oops:

Here are a couple of small jpegs I snapped, one in the model, and one in "blacklines" mode in print preview. You will see immediately where the white filled regions turn black.

One thing I did not see earlier, is the cut of a beam to the right of the "soffit". That is not a filled region, but a stock Revit detail component.
It too has turned a bit whackey. It may be an old component though, a carry-over from an earlier ver.

My problem with greyscaling is output,. If I greyscale (to my limited knowledge), I loose that great strength and clarity in my doc. sets.

Thank you all very much for your help.

BillyGrey
2004-05-05, 04:31 PM
Also, i'm running on a newish p-4 w/ an ati card and a gig

Thanks again

cphubb
2004-05-05, 05:14 PM
You will not lose clarity and strength in your drawings if you use only black lines. We use color very sparingly in Revit which is great because the screen looks almost exactly like what is plotted unlike other software programs out there. I think the black fills are still a problem if plotting in black and white. I really don't know why that plot option is still there. I think I was the original reporter of this bug and in 6.0 it was a problem in both b/w and greyscale so it looks like th bug was taken care of in a previous 6.0 build.

Chris

sbrown
2004-05-05, 06:53 PM
Try printing greyscale and compare to your black and white, you should see no difference except you won't get your black fills

BillyGrey
2004-05-05, 08:50 PM
Thanks Chris, Thanks Scott :)

In my setup, my Encad does distinguish between greyscale and black output. Thats no big deal, except my office standard relies heavily on color in models and on electronic documents (structural esp.)

When I plot color lines in greyscale, there is a diffrence, and in some cases, the linework dissapears altogether (light pen weight grid lines, etc.)

What I was just trying to avoid was the workaround situation, or the elimination of a feature altogether, esp. if it is as useful as being able to draw in color and then print in blackline mode...

Anyway, I appreciate your input so far, keep it coming

Thanks!

Respectfully

Bill