PDA

View Full Version : Selection in an Attribute / Make MText read only, still have it update from a Field

keith_velishek
2006-04-07, 07:11 PM
Okay I have 2 questions today.

First, is there any way to have a selection in an attribute? For example, in our title block we have an attribute for what floor the plan is on. We have 4 floors, so what I want to do is have a "drop-down" box in the attribute editor that gives me options of 1-4.

Second, can you make mtext read only and still have it update from a field?

Mike.Perry
2006-04-08, 12:12 AM
Hi

First, is there any way to have a selection in an attribute? For example, in our title block we have an attribute for what floor the plan is on. We have 4 floors, so what I want to do is have a "drop-down" box in the attribute editor that gives me options of 1-4.As far as I know "no", unless you write your own Attribute routine to accomplish such a task.

Second, can you make mtext read only and still have it update from a field?As far as I know "no" you can not make an MText Object read-only.

Have a good one, Mike

Comach
2006-04-09, 06:26 AM
You might try sheet sets - if you have the floor plans on different corresponding layouts you can use the sheet set parameters to be read to a field contained in an attribute definition.

It is also possible to write a diesel expression and also to be able to select object properties.

SRBalliet
2006-04-10, 11:11 AM
Second, can you make mtext read only and still have it update from a field?

If you put a field in Mtext then make a block out of it, it will make it harder to edit it, but the field should still work in the block.