PDA

View Full Version : Child Component Parameters Accessible in Assemblies.

inventor.wishlist1738
2006-04-12, 01:11 AM
Summary: This would allow you to directly access the parameters of a part file's parameters without having to use the derive or linked parameter tools.

Description: Parameters of child components accessible in assemblies.

How Used: For example: rather than use a sketetal modeling approach or a derived part approach to allow parts to refer to other part's parameters, allow parts in assemblies to refer to each other's parameters. An assembly pattern could be based on the length of a particular component. The position of a part could be based on the width of another part. Currently, those parameters must be available in the assembly and particular part file. With this scheme, the part file parameter could be read by the assembly without it existing specifically in the assembly. Since the part is not linked to the particular assembly, then it could be used as a component in other unique designs. Refer to the "CHILD:" and "NHA:" functionality in Autodesk Intent.

Feature Affinity: Assemblies

Submitted By: George Williams on April 7, 2006

Duncan Anderson
2006-05-31, 08:22 AM
That took some time to get my head around, but once I did it was worth it. To simplify things you want to be able to connect parameters far more easily - semi-automatically. Instead of having to make the parameter visible to the outside world and then either link to it or import it.
I've gotta go for that so long as it includes parameters in sub-assemblies and weldments, which you sometimes need in the main assembly.

Ron Oldenbeuving
2006-06-01, 02:27 AM
Sweet George, real sweet!

Duncan Anderson
2006-06-01, 08:01 AM
Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

I thought they went back to "square one". :cool: