PDA

View Full Version : Date Field - all in CAPS?

cholmes
2006-04-12, 02:03 PM
I am trying to set up a field that shows the plot date (or any date really for that matter). I can get it to work just fine, with one exception - as req'd by the client standard, the date should be in this format 12 APR 06

I can get this to show up in this format no problem using dd MMM yy, except that I cannot get the month to come in in all caps, it defaults to Apr. I thought maybe the upper case M would do the trick, but that's not the case, as the lower case is for minutes.

Does anyone know of another way to get this to work? I basically just need to change the formatting to be all caps, and I've tried several things with no luck. This is in Acad 2005.
Thanks!

rkmcswain
2006-04-12, 03:29 PM
I am trying to set up a field that shows the plot date (or any date really for that matter). I can get it to work just fine, with one exception - as req'd by the client standard, the date should be in this format 12 APR 06

Use a DIESEL statement like this

$(upper, $(edtime, 0, DD MON YY))

cholmes
2006-04-12, 03:39 PM
Cool, I figured it had to be some diesel statement.

Now, what I actually need is one that will update when plotting, so that it shows the plot date.
Will this one do that? Or is this just showing the current date? I haven't really used diesel to understand what this is actuall doing.

Thanks!

rkmcswain
2006-04-12, 03:45 PM
Cool, I figured it had to be some diesel statement.

Now, what I actually need is one that will update when plotting, so that it shows the plot date.
Will this one do that? Or is this just showing the current date?

Thanks!

According to HELP, it will

Returns a formatted date and time based on a given picture.

$(edtime, time, picture)

Edits the AutoCAD Julian date given by time (obtained, for example, from $(getvar,date) according to the given picture).

Maverick91
2006-08-17, 03:14 PM
Use a DIESEL statement like this

Today I ran into the same problem. Thanks for the assist.

Maverick91
2006-08-17, 07:29 PM
Today I ran into the same problem. Thanks for the assist.Okay, I've run into one problem: How do I get the date to appear as MONTH DATE, YEAR? I need to show the month first, followed by the date with a comma after the date, then the year. I'm using this DIESEL expression, but I don't know how to modify it.

rkmcswain
2006-08-17, 07:34 PM
Okay, I've run into one problem: How do I get the date to appear as MONTH DATE, YEAR? I need to show the month first, followed by the date with a comma after the date, then the year. I'm using this DIESEL expression, but I don't know how to modify it.

Doug, the DIESEL syntax is documented in the Customization Guide.

In the statement above:
DD= Day with leading zero
MON = Three letter abbreviation for the month
YY = last two numbers of year

So you could rearrange this as MON DD, YY or make use of other formatting strings as defined in the CG.

Maverick91
2006-08-17, 07:42 PM
Doug, the DIESEL syntax is documented in the Customization Guide.

In the statement above:
DD= Day with leading zero
MON = Three letter abbreviation for the month
YY = last two numbers of year

So you could rearrange this as MON DD, YY or make use of other formatting strings as defined in the CG.No joy. I changed the expression (should have clarified that) to MONTH DAY YEAR, and got AUGUST 17 2006. Cool. But I need a comma after the date. If I put a comma in the expression, as in MONTH DD, YYYY, all I get is AUGUST 17

rkmcswain
2006-08-17, 07:51 PM
No joy. I changed the expression (should have clarified that) to MONTH DAY YEAR, and got AUGUST 17 2006. Cool. But I need a comma after the date. If I put a comma in the expression, as in MONTH DD, YYYY, all I get is AUGUST 17

Looks like the $(upper...) function doesn't like the comma.

Try this instead.

$(upper,$(edtime, 0, MONTH DD))$(edtime, 0,"," YYYY)

Maverick91
2006-08-17, 09:48 PM
Looks like the $(upper...) function doesn't like the comma.

Try this instead.

$(upper,$(edtime, 0, MONTH DD))$(edtime, 0,"," YYYY)it's a beautiful thing.... :)

lucas727693
2016-05-13, 03:25 AM
Thank you for this information.

But I have a problem, I need to author 12 MAY 2016, with the month in Portuguese indioma and UPPERCASE.

What Diesion expression should I write?

That:
$ (Upper, $ (edtime 0, DD MON YYYY))

Stays like this:
12 MAY 2016

-------------------------------------------

That:
$ (Edtime, $ (getvar, date), DDD, "" D MON YYYY)

Stays like this:
Thu, 12 May 2016

That:
$ (Upper, $ (edtime, $ (getvar, date) MON))

Stays like this:
MAY

That:
$ (Upper, $ (edtime 0, MONTH DD)) $ (edtime, 0, "" YYYY)

Stays like this:
MAY 13, 2016

jaberwok
2016-05-13, 10:53 AM
Thank you for this information.

But I have a problem, I need to author 12 MAY 2016, with the month in Portuguese indioma and UPPERCASE.

What Diesion expression should I write?

That:
$ (Upper, $ (edtime 0, DD MON YYYY))

Stays like this:
12 MAY 2016

That:
$ (Edtime, $ (getvar, date), DDD, "" D MON YYYY)

Stays like this:
Thu, 12 May 2016

That:
$ (Upper, $ (edtime, $ (getvar, date) MON))

Stays like this:
MAY

That:
$ (Upper, $ (edtime 0, MONTH DD)) $ (edtime, 0, "" YYYY)

Stays like this:
MAY 13, 2016

Pardon me for being thick but, what is your problem? Your first example appears to give the result that you say you want.

lucas727693
2016-05-14, 02:29 AM
Yes, I could do as in the first example. But I need the result to be written in Portuguese of Brazil and the month of the response appears in English.

jaberwok
2016-05-16, 02:26 PM
¿ Are your OS and autoCAD in brazilian portugues ?