PDA

View Full Version : How to handle details using Sheet Set Manager

tim.101799
2006-04-18, 05:00 PM
I am currently in the process of get the office to use the new(er) features of AutoCAD. Specifically the sheet set manager, and views. I have worked out how we are going to handle plans & exterior elevation, but I have not yet worked out how to handle details. Currently we place our details in model space and use view ports to plot them in paper space. For example, a D size sheet can only have a maximum of 12 details on in per office standards. So there would be 12 details in model space all grouped together by their plot scale. But with the new system of saved views that get placed on plot sheets this gets more complicated. How do you organize your details? I suppose you could have one resource file (for each project) by types of details (millwork, roofing, ect). But then you could end up with a large amount of details in that one resource file, how do you track which details have and have not yet been placed on a sheet? The other to do it would be to have each detail be a separate file. The down side to that is you will have allot of cad files for your project, and still not be able to track what details/views have and have not been placed on a plot sheet.

I would like to hear how others deal with this.

I can't wait until we make a full transition to Revit!

Opie
2006-04-18, 06:31 PM
I haven't used the SSM in a while, but if I recall, any view that is placed on a sheet will be listed in the one of the tabs in the SSM (I can't remember at the moment). This should allow you to see which details are currently available in the set.