PDA

View Full Version : Manually Upgrade Central file...again!

Clyne Curtis
2006-04-19, 08:18 PM
One of our user group members e-mailed me with this question:

When I go to save to Central I get an error: “Data in file (name of central file) needs to be manually upgraded. Please contact your Autodesk Revit Service Provider”
I’ve been working with a team in Dallas that also has local files linked to the same central file. That may be part of it.
My question is have you ever heard of ‘manually upgrading’ a file? If so, what does it mean?

I know we have broached this subject before, but I'm not sure it was answered to the satisfaction of all.

Thanks!

Clyne

sbrown
2006-04-19, 09:45 PM
did someone just upgrade a local file to 90 and try to keep working?

Clyne Curtis
2006-04-19, 10:55 PM
Good question, Scott. Let me find out and I will let you know. That would obviously make a big difference, I assume?!

Thanks

Clyne

David Haynes
2006-04-21, 11:24 PM
I have a user with the same problem. Anyone got an answer to this?

Mr Spot
2006-04-22, 12:01 AM
I received this message back in the 5.0 and 6.0 days and was usually when attempting to upgrade a file to the latest version that was very large. I always sent the file off as requested to be manually upgraded. We usually got it back in a day or two maximum... In those days it was not having sufficient RAM/memory to upgrade the file...

mccurdyks
2006-06-20, 07:34 PM
Any answer to this, yet?

We've had users receive this error message and simply ignored it, with no ill effects. Just close out and try again. It does seem to roughly correlate to bringing more content into the project, for example, bringing in a number of new families.

ilya.bass
2006-06-20, 08:18 PM
Any answer to this, yet?

We've had users receive this error message and simply ignored it, with no ill effects. Just close out and try again. It does seem to roughly correlate to bringing more content into the project, for example, bringing in a number of new families.

The best we can tell this is related to flaky networks or sometimes problems in Microsoft network file caching system. If you can Open Central itself with Audit option checked and see no errors then all is well. If there are errors, sometimes creating central from backups helps (this does NOT roll back anything, so no data loss should result if the procedure is successful - see http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?id=4494053&linkID=3770375&siteID=123112)