PDA

View Full Version : Revit Systems

Doug
2006-04-20, 04:11 PM
Has anyone heard about Revit Systems yet? It appears we are going to get an MEP program as a nother add on like structures.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-04-20, 04:27 PM
Revit systems will be bundled with ABS in release 1.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=6668606&siteID=123112

In its R1 form it is being positioned more as a design tool than a full blown solution. From what I've seen, on the design and calculation side of things, the tools available for mecahnical and electrical engineers will be huge time savers . If Revit Structures is any indication the development will be rapid and should round out the Revit family really well.
Can't wait to get into my first whole building modeled in Revit from beginning to end.

truevis
2006-04-20, 11:00 PM
MEP guys around where I am (Washington, DC) are chomping at the bit to be able to use it. Seems like it's going to be fabulous.

Andre Baros
2006-04-21, 04:43 AM
I saw a demo recently and even the tiny bits I saw were awesome. I heard that the release is getting pushed back to May.

khomburg
2006-04-21, 11:39 AM
I have only seen the screen shots on the Autodesk web site but I can't wait to sit down and play with it. With the changes to rooms the amount of data that will be easily be able to schedule and work with will be huge. Next week I am leaving to go work for an electrical manufacturer so unfortunately it will come too late for me to use it on an actual project.

kchenault
2006-05-02, 08:15 PM
I attended a seminar last Thursday and they said it shipped last Wednesday. That was April 26.

christopher.zoog51272
2006-05-03, 12:14 PM
Our MEP consultants have it in hand so it has definetly been released, it's just not downloadable yet.

pdavis
2006-05-04, 01:55 AM
Systems is awesome, as long as you get the Revit Building model from the architect, otherwise you the MEP firm need to build a Revit Building model to take full advantage of the tools in Revit Systems. A good rule is if you have a Revit Building model, use Systems, no Revit Building model, use ABS. This is why Autodesk is only selling Systems with ABS.

neb1998
2006-05-04, 04:14 AM
From personal experience i can aknowledge what you have heard, as a tester i have been using the software for about a year and the only major mechanical drawbacks are with plumbing systems as this wasnt addressed in the first release. I do not know what autodesk has planned for plumbing systems but i imagine it will come in a later release.

Looking forward to seing the final release and will receive my cd in a few days.....Saved us major time even in its infancy on construction documents.

marty_rozmanith
2006-05-13, 03:34 AM
Congrats to the Revit Systems team for crossing the finish line. ;-)

-M

truevis
2006-05-15, 12:11 AM
Our MEP consultants have it in hand so it has definetly been released, it's just not downloadable yet.I heard a rumor that it never going to be downloadable (by the public). Any confirmation here?

Scott D Davis
2006-05-15, 05:10 AM
Revit Systems 1.0 only comes bundled with ABS. ABS is not downloadable. I would expect when Revit Systems begins to be sold on it's own (2.0?) that it will be downloadable.

david.kingham
2006-05-15, 03:35 PM
Might want to contact your reseller to get a copy :D This program absolutely rocks.