PDA

View Full Version : UK member ? City & Guilds AutoCAD

bobsharp
2006-04-20, 05:53 PM
Hi

I am totally deaf and live in Reading (UK).

A year ago I did a one-year City & Guilds course in AutoCAD at Enham.
Passed at Level 4 and did some Inventor as well.

Haven't had one job interview yet, and seem to have forgotten a lot.
Was recently asked for a portfolio and couldn't provide one.

I was wondering if anyone had copies of the C&G course papers so that I might go through it again here at home. If not C&G, then some other coursework.

best regards

Bob Sharp

Comach
2006-04-21, 03:04 AM
Bob,

What sort of course work would you be looking for? What jobs are you applying for?

You should try to focus on the type of job you want and align your training initiatives accordingly.

There are good opportunities for working with Inventor - it is a widely used package in a variety of industries including Oil & Gas - may I suggest that you develop your skills base on Inventor and become a proficient user. Companies look for people with a good skills level on these types of packages which you could offer to demonstrate at an interview.

In the interim you could develop a portfolio covering the key elements of Inventor with supporting thesis. If you dont have a copy of Inventor, you can obtain a trial version to develop your skills base.

There are a huge number of resources on the internet which would provide you with tutorial and skills development study - Autodesk and AUGI are very good resources.

This situation is all too common unfortunately - you do the training - get the cert and by the time a job opportunity presents itself you have forgotten a lot of what you have learned.