PDA

View Full Version : Getting Username

Bill Debevc
2006-04-28, 02:43 PM
Is there a way in the API to find out the usernames that have users that have worksets checked out?

Steve_Stafford
2006-04-28, 04:06 PM
I assume that opening the worksets dialog and looking at the list doesn't suffice? Are you hoping to see whose checked out stuff outside of Revit? Without opening the project? Applications can only act on/within the current Revit session I believe so I don't think you'd be able to check in from outside. I'm just guessing at your goal though.

GuyR
2006-04-28, 07:18 PM
Is there a way in the API to find out the usernames that have users that have worksets checked out?

No. Can you explain more what you're trying to do. I'll add it to the wishlist.

Guy

Bill Debevc
2006-04-29, 04:02 PM
What I am thinking of doing is to write a program that from within Revit send a message to everyone with a borrowed object or workset checked out, to save to central.

To do that I need to know if the API can get the usernames of the users that have objects borrowed or workset checked out.

Steve_Stafford
2006-04-29, 04:53 PM
aah...not going to wait for them to do it eh? :smile: Great idea if you can pull it off. $$$$ in your eyes?

GuyR
2006-04-29, 07:34 PM
What I am thinking of doing is to write a program that from within Revit send a message to everyone with a borrowed object or workset checked out, to save to central.

No workset functionality is exposed via the API. And to be honest I doubt the factory would expose this as a prioirity. Why? Because the ability to query users for STC is of such universal benefit it should be a Revit feature.

I'll add it to the API wishlist but if I was you I'd add to the general Revit wishlist as well.

Guy

ps: You could do it as a general messager service which would query all users that have a particular project file open. A bit more work and not Revit specific.