PDA

View Full Version : Not everything released?

patricks
2006-05-01, 08:37 PM
Just awhile ago I STC the project I'm working on so I could restart my computer. I checked the boxes to release everything, saved, then when it was done I hit close and it asked if I wanted to release borrowed elements. wtf? I went back to STC again and sure enough it still had check boxes for one or more family worksets and view worksets that I still needed to release.. Why did it not release everything the first time even though I had everything checked to release?

Wes Macaulay
2006-05-01, 08:58 PM
I don't know why this happens, but it happens to me too from time to time. In such cases you should go to the worksets dialog, and sign all worksets that you're still a borrower / owner of. Then go to File>Save to Central... to bring up the save/relinquish worksets dialog and check all the boxes.

Steve_Stafford
2006-05-02, 03:25 AM
This appears to be collateral from borrowing elements exclusively. When you STC via the toolbar button you don't relinquish everything. The longer you go without doing STC and then use the File > STC command you may end up being asked to do so again when you use File > Close. I recommend that users always close a project with File > Close and respond to any messages accordingly. When Revit doesn't complain, you're free to go! :smile:

Wes Macaulay
2006-05-02, 04:56 AM
Sorry Patrick -- you did mention that you were wanting to exit a project... and Steve's right -- choosing File>Close is the way to get out of Revit.

patricks
2006-05-02, 01:03 PM
Sorry Patrick -- you did mention that you were wanting to exit a project... and Steve's right -- choosing File>Close is the way to get out of Revit.

I did choose File > STC, and after that was done I hit Close and it said I still had some elements borrowed, which was confirmed when I went to File > STC a second time (I actually don't use the STC button all that much).

Steve_Stafford
2006-05-02, 01:21 PM
Correct...I see this happen more often the longer I go without a STC and borrowing elements exclusively. I suspect in some cases the first STC is not able to relinquish some items while coordinating the changes and in order to speed up the STC Revit assumes that you are going to keep working. When you do File > Close...it says, "Uh oh...assumed wrong" and tells you, "umm, I need you to run STC again, sorry?!"

You might trying saving locally first then using File > Reload Latest before doing your STC so all new work is loaded into your local file before pushing your changes out to the central file. Since I'm used to it I haven't experimented more to see if there is a way to stop it from occuring.

Also you might try File > Close without doing the STC first which will prompt you to do STC. This time Revit should get the message, "I'm done!" and relinquish everything.

mccurdyks
2006-06-20, 07:22 PM
We "borrow" exclusively (rather than checking out worksets) and have run into the same issue. I've experimented and found no work around. Saving locally and reloading latest first will not eliminate the need for a second check. Just have to STC twice: once on purpose, twice by default.....