PDA

View Full Version : "central location cannot be found" error message

Revitator
2006-05-02, 10:11 AM
Hi

We're just starting out in Worksets and Central files, and on one project, we keep getting errors saving the file both centrally and locally.

One error message reads: "The central location cannot be found. It is still possible to begin editing worksets that are currently not editable but changes may be lost when you reconnect to the central location."

AFAIK, the network's fine (we have gigabit ethernet from the desktop to the server), and I can browse to the central file location.

Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

patricks
2006-05-02, 01:27 PM
If the central file has changed name in any way, or changed location, I believe you'll get a message like that. If your local file is current, then choose Save As and click on options to say Make Central File.

Revitator
2006-05-02, 02:22 PM
Thanks, Patricks,

Yes, I could understand it if we have been fooling with the Central File, but we haven't (honest). Revit just seems to randomly fail to either find the Central File, or be able to reconcile the local file changes with the Central File.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-02, 03:54 PM
Is this happening only on one computer? Drive mapping must be consistent from computer to computer on the network. e.g. Desktop has server mapped as drive G:, contract employee has server mapped as drive X: on his laptop.

Revitator
2006-05-02, 04:37 PM
Thanks, Dimitri,

I'll have a check on another computer tomorrow. All the computers have their drive mappings set the same (via log-on script). But there may be something else in this computer's setup that's causing the problem.