PDA

View Full Version : Sheets importing into set, but not showing...

dfarris75
2006-05-03, 05:51 PM
One of my colleagues is having some issues with adding sheets to the sheet set. He went to "import layout as sheet" in his sheet set, but then it doesn't show up in the sheet list. He tries to add the sheet again and it says "this layout is already part of a sheet set - import". So it appears that it is adding the layout, but not adding the layout...???
This has happened on two or maybe three project sheet sets with him. I have never had the issue and I cannot pinpoint where the error is.

Anyone else had this issue?

Mike.Perry
2006-05-03, 09:17 PM
Hi

Does the Layout in question, already belong to another Sheet Set ?

If yes, and the other Sheet Set is open, you will experience the issue / problem you have described above.

Close the other Sheet Set, then try again, the Layout should now Import without a problem.

Have a good one, Mike

dfarris75
2006-05-04, 01:49 PM
The layout did not belong to a sheet set prior to the first attempt at adding it to the sheet set in question. Then the sheet was "added" to this set and yet it does not show up. Then when I try to add it again it says that it already belongs to a sheet set (which should be the set in question), but it isn't in the sheet list... :shock:

dfarris75
2006-05-08, 06:22 PM
I believe he's figured it out. He was copying layouts which were already a part of the sheet set and then renaming and attempting to add the newly renamed layout to the set. Apparently acad didn't like it that way. I copied a layout earlier and renamed it, saved, and reopened the drawing before adding the new layout to the set and it worked without hindrance.
Thx

Wanderer
2006-05-08, 06:50 PM
:idea: now there's a handy bit of info... thanks.
I believe he's figured it out. He was copying layouts which were already a part of the sheet set and then renaming and attempting to add the newly renamed layout to the set. Apparently acad didn't like it that way. I copied a layout earlier and renamed it, saved, and reopened the drawing before adding the new layout to the set and it worked without hindrance.
Thx