PDA

View Full Version : Draw a pipe network in a profile

T-Towntech
2006-05-03, 08:53 PM
I've followed the directions in the training courseware, help, etc. I can't get the command to work. When I select the network, then right click, all I do is return to the last command.

I hope this is just a setting and someone knows what it is. Could my mouse buttons have been reset?

I know I've done this before.
Also I saw a reference to a pipes menu, where is this? Land Desk top?

Glenn Pope
2006-05-03, 09:58 PM
I've followed the directions in the training courseware, help, etc. I can't get the command to work. When I select the network, then right click, all I do is return to the last command.

I hope this is just a setting and someone knows what it is. Could my mouse buttons have been reset?

Under options under the User Preference tab, there is a button called "Right-Click Customization". Check there to see if it is set correctly to do what you want.

MHultgren
2006-05-04, 02:28 PM

The Pipes menu is part of Civil Design (or Civil Design Companion in the latest releases).

As for the Right-click, there are three optional setting areas, the one you currently have selected will not allow you to utilize many of the Right-click and LDT commands. The other options will either give you limited command availability (Object Selected or Enter) or full access (Context Sensitive - Preferred once you get used to it)

T-Towntech
2006-05-04, 02:57 PM
I had already changed every thing you recommend with the mouse with no luck, here's the story.

The powers that be never installed the Civil Design Companion, They never even knew we were suppose to have it. (I found this out last week) It's amazing what you hear when you over listen. I had a feeling something was missing.

We have 1 seat of survey, and LDT, and 3 seats of Civil 3D. It's all on the server . The only one that has access to the LDT and Survey is our Surveyor. Hopefully when they install 2007 everything is all together, I'll be watching this year to make sure.

It's a long story and a power struggle around here. I'm using 2006, and we are on subscription. I never even got 2005 installed.

One thing I've learned in the last year is...... I need to pay more attention, ask more questions, and learn more about what's going on with the software I use.

Guess I'll be having a chat with my boss about why I can't design this project .

Using the AUGI forum has help me so much. Thanks to everyone out there who has answered my questions.

MHultgren
2006-05-04, 07:55 PM
Hello Triple T,
It depended on what package your company purchased last year if it should include the 'Companions'. I have heard there are more than a couple resellers that were unaware of the differences and more than a few folks paid for something less than they were expecting. I believe that last year (2006 release) they offered the Civil 3D Professional package that included both LDT companion and Civil Design Companion, but there were few companies that bit the bullet and purchased that due to cost or confusion in what it was. This year, ADESK no longer offers the Professional package, so make sure the reseller includes BOTH companions in the packages.
HTH

T-Towntech
2006-05-05, 01:27 PM
It's all falling into place now.
The last time I used Pipes was right before we installed Civil 3D 2006, I was using LDT 2004 before that. I also, now, understand why the grading commands weren't acting like I thought they should.
I just talked with my boss, he assured me I'd have access to all of the 2006 or the 2007 would be installed,one or the other very soon. He thought I was already using 2007.

T-Towntech
2006-05-08, 09:22 PM
I had LDT installed on my computer this morning. Squeak Squeak

What is the difference between the LDT companion and Civil Design Companion.
I still haven't been able to get the pipes to associate with the profile. ???????????

MHultgren
2006-05-08, 09:26 PM
You need to make sure that the pipe run is associated with the alignment that corresponds to the profile you are working on. You should be able to do this by setting your profile current (the one you want to work with) and then go to your Pipes menu and Change Run Alignment (current alignment should be listed and highlighted) to match your current alignment.

T-Towntech
2006-05-08, 09:48 PM
I went and checked and they hadn't installed Civil Design Companion. It's installed now.
I'll see what happens now and let you know tomorrow.