View Full Version : Roof Mullions
I have drawn a standing seam roof - I have specified in it's properties the spacing and the mullions to go on it, but they are not showing up. I have checked all visibility graphics - and it is all correct. Would anyone know why these are not showing? PLEASE!
2006-05-11, 05:04 PM
It is unclear what object type you have used to create the standing seam roof. If you used a roof object, then the surface pattern (lines) is how you would indicate the seams. I would suggest a model pattern so you can control where the seams fall.
If you are using sloped glazing, then perhaps you created the grid for the spacing, but you did not apply mullions to your grid yet. Check the modeling menu in the design bar - use the mullion command.
2006-05-11, 05:05 PM
You have to use a trick to get a true standing seam roof to show. change your roof to sloped glazing and use the grid and mullion tools. Change the material from glass to metal and have fun.
My coworker was a little bit unclear with the original post. We did in fact use a sloped glazing system. However, it almost looks as if the Visibility Graphics have gone haywire. It puts mullions on some grids, but not all of them. It almost looks like the curtain wall mullions have been turned off in the VG, because there's just a void in between the glass panels, but I know this isn't the case though because some mullions still show up. When I click on the mullion command in the modeling tab, I select "all empty segments" but when I scroll over the the roof face, it won't highlight a roof to apply the mullions to. I know there's a grid in place, because the glass panels are divided properly. It's confusing, I think the mullions are actually there, but just hidden by some command none of knew about.
2006-05-11, 05:46 PM
Why don't you isolate the roof in a file (delete all except the roof, purge the file, all for size reasons) and post it here.
Thanks for the help! Here's the file. Let me know what you can!
2006-05-11, 09:00 PM
I think the problem lies in the mullion that you have placed on that grid section. Try creating a new mullion based off of one that works correctly, change it in the system panel settings (the bad mullion is the 2 1/2 x 4 1/2" one) , and they should show up. It worked for me. I hope this helps!
AHA! Thank you! It worked in my test file, but I haven't had a chance to try it in the main file yet. I'm not sure what made the difference, but using a different mullion size made all the difference. I was going to change the mullion size anyway, but it never would've occured to me that the reason they're not showing up is the size.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.11 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.