PDA

View Full Version : CAPS always "locked" in MTEXT editor

ajamil
2006-05-15, 07:53 PM
Hi,
I'm wondering if someone could help me with this issue I'm having with my CAD 2005.
Last week I was trying to export a windows meta-file (*.wmf) from a dwg file that had only a black & white raster image of a logo inserted in Mspace. My ACAD 2005 crashed several times while trying to do so. Now when I open any file and try to edit Mtext, my Caps Lock magically go on! when I try to turn them off by hitting the "Caps Lock" key on my keyboard, it stubbornly stays on!! and I can only edit mtext in small letters by pressing the "Caps Lock" button and holding it down!?
I must have caused a certain CAD support file to crash or inadvertently changed a certain system variable... The problem is that I don't know how to bring back regular functionality to my MTEXT editor.
I greatly appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks,
Athir

andy.manninen
2006-05-15, 08:05 PM
Hi,
I'm wondering if someone could help me with this issue I'm having with my CAD 2005.
Last week I was trying to export a windows meta-file (*.wmf) from a dwg file that had only a black & white raster image of a logo inserted in Mspace. My ACAD 2005 crashed several times while trying to do so. Now when I open any file and try to edit Mtext, my Caps Lock magically go on! when I try to turn them off by hitting the "Caps Lock" key on my keyboard, it stubbornly stays on!! and I can only edit mtext in small letters by pressing the "Caps Lock" button and holding it down!?
I must have caused a certain CAD support file to crash or inadvertently changed a certain system variable... The problem is that I don't know how to bring back regular functionality to my MTEXT editor.
I greatly appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks,
Athir
sounds like the autoCAPS setting is on. Go in the text editor and right click, select autoCAPS to off, and away you go!
:Cheers:

jmyers.67919
2006-09-14, 09:07 PM
I love the search feature - i wanted the opposite of ajamil, but the setting would always default back to AutoCAPS off. I forgot about the rightclick inside the box. I hope it stick now.

Andy - May I ask where the name Westwood came from?

J.D.

robert.1.hall72202
2006-09-15, 01:39 PM
AutoCaps is a great feature, however, I wish it would count for Dtext too!
I want all my drawing notes to be in capital letters, not just the mtext.

jmyers.67919
2006-09-15, 01:48 PM
Agreed - They should have thought to have a setting for Mtext and Dtext. I wonder why not??

J.D.

andy.manninen
2006-09-18, 02:16 PM
Don't forget about the Express tool "TCASE" to quickly convert text to all capitals!

robert.1.hall72202
2006-09-18, 05:05 PM
Don't forget about the Express tool "TCASE" to quickly convert text to all capitals!

Always a band aid somwhere, lol.

jcfeeken
2006-09-19, 03:46 PM
But couldn't we just use our cap locks key INSTEAD OF trying to find SOme feature to CLICK off that is SCREWING up all of our work?

jmyers.67919
2007-04-03, 09:34 PM
Sorry to bring this back from the dark ages, but somehow mine won't stick. I want AutoCAPS on as a default, but it does not stick. I have right-clicked in an mtext box and turned it on there as well as in the options. Nothing sticks.

J.D.

Mike.Perry
2007-04-09, 09:31 PM
Sorry to bring this back from the dark ages, but somehow mine won't stick. I want AutoCAPS on as a default, but it does not stick. I have right-clicked in an mtext box and turned it on there as well as in the options. Nothing sticks.Hi

Within the Windows Registry look (search) for a Key something like...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.1\ACAD-6001:409\MTEXT\AutoCAPSHave a good one, Mike