PDA

View Full Version : Is your computer ready for Autodesk Design Review 2007?

Mike.Perry
2006-05-19, 01:54 PM
Is your computer ready for Autodesk Design Review 2007? (http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2006/05/is_your_compute.html) via Scott Sheppard's blog.

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later (must be the default browser)Does that mean IE 7 is supported ?

Text in bold, that really is too bad :(

32 MB free disk space for installation

550 MB free disk space for installation:shock: That is a big! difference.

rkmcswain
2006-05-19, 02:04 PM
I'm running Autodesk DWF Composer R2 and IE is *not* my default browser. Works just fine. Either that is a typo, or they just want you to think this.

"basically the same" --- except you need 518MB of more disk space.

scott.sheppard
2006-05-26, 03:33 PM
I have seen posts to the Autodesk newsgroup where users had trouble navigating URLs using Autodesk DWF Composer when IE was not their default browser. I added that requirement (which is not part of the official Autodesk marketing literature) to my blog based on empirical evidence.

scott.sheppard
2006-05-26, 03:47 PM
Thanks for your observation about IE 7. I have made this clear by updating the posting. IE 7 is not yet supported.

rkmcswain
2006-05-26, 04:03 PM
I have seen posts to the Autodesk newsgroup where users had trouble navigating URLs using Autodesk DWF Composer when IE was not their default browser. I added that requirement (which is not part of the official Autodesk marketing literature) to my blog based on empirical evidence.
Thanks. I'll have to check out the hyperlink functionality.

Mike.Perry
2006-05-26, 09:34 PM
Thanks for your observation about IE 7. I have made this clear by updating the posting. IE 7 is not yet supported.Hi Scott

Thank you for updating your blog post ( Is your computer ready for Autodesk Design Review 2007? (http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2006/05/is_your_compute.html) ).

Are there any plans to look at supporting other web browsers eg

Firefox
Flock
K-Meleon
Opera
Safari
etc

:beer: Mike

scott.sheppard
2006-06-02, 04:04 AM
Autodesk Design Review and Autodesk DWF Viewer are tied to Internet Explorer (as part of the operating system) for UI elements of these applications. As such, those won't support other browsers for some time; however, Autodesk is researching other technologies that can be applied to the viewing of CAD data. We are constantly listening to our customers' needs and delivering solutions to address them.