PDA

View Full Version : How I can convert a file of coordinate N, E and Z for a file .FBK (Fieldbook file)

CARLOS.NORONHA
2006-05-24, 06:52 PM
How I can convert a file of coordinate N, E and Z for a file .FBK ( the feildbook file)?

ittybittyd
2006-05-31, 03:28 PM
GOOD QUESTION !!! :roll:

I also need to be able to convert points in an ASCII text file to the Autodesk.fbk format so the Figure Prefix Database gets applied to the survey data for creation of linework.

Or... how about an option to apply the Figure Prefix Database to the POINTS / CREATE POINTS / IMPORT command??

Perhaps we should both enter this to the CIVIL3D Wish List forum (more power in numbers).

Also, I'm not sure but I think the 'Carlson Connect' add-on may have some conversion routines in it, but I see it is not available for the 2007 version of C3D yet. See the following site:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5303652

sinc
2006-06-02, 04:51 PM
I don't really understand the questions...

Have you gone through the Tutorials?

Your field guys need to do the field work in the correct manner, using appropriate notes. Then the field book comes out of your data collector, instead of a .csv file. It is impossible to convert a .csv file containing PNEZD (or similar) data to a .fbk file - fieldbooks contain information that is not in a PNEZD file.

You should also be able to create figures from various objects. Look up "Create Figure from Object" in the Help.

melanie.santer
2006-06-03, 02:32 AM
Hello,

I am very sorry to say that with Civil 3D 2007 Survey there are NO conversion tools. Not to worry, we can get through this a couple of ways:

1. You can use the survey module in Land Desktop to convert a .raw data file to a .fbk
2. You may want to check with the Trimble or Carlson (or other data collection software) to see if you they have the ability to do conversions.

From what I am used to doing, you would be converting a raw data file, not just an ASCII file. Your raw data file will have your auto line work in it.

Hope this helps!

sinc
2006-06-06, 10:53 PM
Hello,

I am very sorry to say that with Civil 3D 2007 Survey there are NO conversion tools.

Are you talking about these things?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5303652

melanie.santer
2006-06-06, 11:33 PM
Hello,

Yes and no! What I was meaning by this statement is that Civil 3D alone, without any add-ons CANNOT convert a .raw data file to a fieldbook, you must get one of the additional pieces of software that are listed on that website.

Hope this clarfies things,

sinc
2006-06-07, 03:03 PM
Hello,

Yes and no! What I was meaning by this statement is that Civil 3D alone, without any add-ons CANNOT convert a .raw data file to a fieldbook, you must get one of the additional pieces of software that are listed on that website.

OK, I just wanted to make sure those were the utilities that you were talking about. Note that they are free downloads - there is no need to use an old Land Desktop Survey module. Just download the one(s) you need.

jpaulsen
2006-06-15, 07:35 PM
Survey Link in LDT can convert an ASCII file to a FBK file. We did this once for a dummy project I created for training. We just had to add the "Beg" codes for linework. I don't remember if we added them in the ASCII or FBK file.

Survey Link is TDS software. Unfortunately TDS is not listed on the Autodesk site as a partner. (See link in Sinc's post above.)

Possibly Trimble or the other partners have a conversion command that will work for you.

Edit:

The FBK file is just another ASCII file in a different format. So you can always convert it manually. This may take a while though if you have a lot of points. This is the heading that was put in the file I converted with Survey Link:

JOB PAULSON ! DT05-08-2004 TM07:15:57
UNIT USFOOT DMS
EDM OFFSET 0.0000
SCALE FACTOR 1.0000000
HORIZ ANGLE RIGHT
VERT ANGLE ZENITH
NEZ 11 1198249.8481 3148768.9152 5345.4300 "9"

The last line shows the format for the points. You will still need to add the codes (BEG, END, C3, etc.) if you want line work.