PDA

View Full Version : Bugs

aaronrumple
2003-06-04, 03:25 PM
How about a bug and work around forum?

Steve_Stafford
2003-06-04, 03:28 PM
That is what the new Known Issues and Workaround forum is for...just started Monday. We're trying to be nicer than just saying BUGS... :D Since not all issues are bugs as opposed to differing agendas and expectations.

bclarch
2003-06-04, 03:44 PM
Isn't the new forum supposed to be for resolved issues? What about bugs still in need of a solution?

christopher.zoog51272
2003-06-04, 04:08 PM
Isn't the new forum supposed to be for resolved issues? What about bugs still in need of a solution?

The new forum is meant be a place to post "known issues" or BUGS that have been officially classified (by revit) as such, and a way to get around them, if available. In other words, it's a place to post defects in the software, and work-arounds.

We ask that users talk to revit support first to make sure it is actually is a bug, and not the way the software was meant to work.

Bugs will be removed as they get squashed in new releases.

Perhaps we should change the title to "known issues" to clear up any confusion.

Steve_Stafford
2003-06-04, 04:08 PM
A bug isn't a bug until Revit says it is. So if something doesn't work we need to talk with them.

Our "other" forums are for discussion about what works, what doesn't etc. So if you have a "bug" to share it needs to be a real one and if it is real, it's resolved in sense. Not to our satisfaction necessarily but Revit knows about it and is going to deal with it at some point in the future. If isn't real then it needs to stay in the "other" forums until it becomes real.

If we posit our belief or suspicions about a "bug" before it really is we can water down the reliability of the information and spread misinformation.

For example, I posted in the recent past that I believed a specific item was a bug. Revit support reviewed it and determined the behavior I objected to was indeed how it was intended to work. So...no bug. Therefore I shouldn't post to the contrary in a "bug" list forum. If I disagree with them, I say so to them and they log my issue. Further I post a wish asking that the behavior be modified whereby others can call me a loon or agree.

We'd just like a reader to see an item in the "Bug" forum and know, with confidence, that the issue is a real problem and not an opinion or un-informed comment. There are certainly many instances where I'm convinced something doesn't work only to discover I didn't know what I was doing. :oops:

Does this make sense? Hope so...makes sense in my head :lol:

christopher.zoog51272
2003-06-04, 04:17 PM
well put Q

Z.