PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Error on start up of MDT6

rick.vander-jagt
2004-06-02, 02:49 PM
I've got a big problem and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. When I start up MDT6 I get a Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x72676f72 Exception at 63cc26aah
These are the things I tried so far:
1. I tried to uninstall ACAD 2002 MDT6 and reinstall it and I get the same error
2. Uninstalled ACAD 2002MDT6 and went through the registry and deleted as much as I
could find relating to ACAD that the uninstall didn't get

I am running windows 2000 NTFS and I have all of the service packs for MDT6.

I tried the uninstall and re-install at least 3 times and still the same error which tells me it's probably an OS thing. Can anybody help?

Regards,

Rick VJ

Wanderer
2004-06-02, 03:01 PM
do you have service packs installed for win 2000? (rule of thumb is install the first 3 but not the 4th)

Also, do you have any other adesk products installed?

BrenBren
2004-06-02, 03:48 PM
I have moved this post to the Mechanical Desktop forum as this is where questions regarding MDT should be asked

rick.vander-jagt
2004-06-03, 09:14 PM
No I do not have any other ADESK products installed.
It also looks like I have service pack 4 installed. Is that going to be a problem? Is there a way to uninstall SP4?

Regards,

Rick VJ

rick.vander-jagt
2004-06-03, 10:24 PM
Continue this from my last post.
I got a list of everything that failed during the start up and it looks like it's all .arx related.
The very first failed line says - acrx dynamic linker failed to load.

Any ideas????

Thanks,

Rick VJ

stephenwoneufer
2004-06-04, 12:33 PM
I have that problem with MDT 4.0.
I need to do a total uninstall and also delete all files in the AutoDESK shared files directory. The problem occurs when I have a large assembly running and it locks-up my system. If I try to dump out of MDT by right-clicking the MDT icon in the taskbar and hitting quit, the next time I start, all is lost. Can't be the system, as I have dual Xenon 2.6's with 2 gig RAM and a 128 MEG video card. Seems to be in the lock-up vs. me trying to stop MDT. Problem solved when the company went to Inventor.

rick.vander-jagt
2004-06-04, 04:35 PM
I tried performing a total uninstall and I deleted the autodesk shared files directory and then re-installed and I still get the same error. I can't figure it out. It's getting past the point of being a little bit frustrating. I know that reformatting my hard drive will solve the problem but this is a PC at work so reformatting is just not an option right now. I know it's .arx related and I'm pretty sure it has to do with some corrupt files that get left on my HD after the uninstall is complete but what they are and where they are is beyond me. Like I wrote before, the first line of the errors that show up in the command line is ACRxDynamicLinker Failed to Load then it shows all kinds of .arx's acnnot find a procedure that it needs.

If anybody has any more wisdom please keep it coming.

Best Regards,

Rick VJ

patrickteo80
2004-06-28, 02:33 PM
Hi...Rick VJ,

Have u solve the problem? Try to email me to kindly let me know how the exact situation u facing now:
1) Before this fatal error happened, do u install any other new software?
2) Why did u uninstall it before u installed it back and faced with this problem?

Email: patrickteo80@hotmail.com

Thank you.

Regards,

Patrick