PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Rendering

cphubb
2004-06-02, 06:06 PM
When rendering in elevation (camera oriented to elevation view) the accurender trees do not show up. Is this normal? The trees work just fine in a perspective view.

Anybody know of a way to have trees show up in elevation rendering?

Thanks

studio3p
2004-06-02, 06:49 PM
You need to create a separate 3D view for each elevation you want to render. I do this by duplicating the main {3D} view with a right-click>Duplicate. Then in the new 3D view select the "Dynamically Modify View" button next to the Zoom tool (you can also press F8 if you haven't remapped your buttons). On the control box that appears you'll see an expansion arrow along the right edge, click that. Then you choose an orientation from the (Orient to a Direction) drop down. Now when you render you're rendering a 3D view that's orthagonal to the building.

cphubb
2004-06-02, 07:41 PM
Yes I know how to make an elevation rendering. My problem is the accurender trees do ot show up in that rendering even though they seem to be between the camera and the building. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

brentcarlson892079
2004-06-02, 08:20 PM
If the view is not showing anything around the building, then this might be the case...

go to the view properties db for the view.
If the "Section Box" is checked...try un-checking it.

When I copied the {3D} view a section box was made just outside my building, so nothing from the site showed up

This may not be it, but it's an easy thing to check.

cphubb
2004-06-02, 08:48 PM
I tried turning off the section box. Lots of other stuff showed up but the trees did not. I am thinking that it is something with the view. I placed the same tree in an empty file, set up a view and it rendered great. Still trying

Scott D Davis
2004-06-02, 11:29 PM
In hidden line mode before you render, the 'stick' trees are visible in your view?

PeterJ
2004-06-03, 06:16 AM
Try moving the elevation backwards then reorientating your 3D view just to check that the trees are in the view, also switch off the rear cut plane to achieve more of the same.

cphubb
2004-06-03, 03:49 PM
I have tried a number of those things to no avail. I have a couple of questions about the camera orientation though. When I set the orientation in the dynamica view dialog, the camera does no actually seem ot move. It is still in the original position when the 3d view was created. How do I determine where the camera is in the elevation view?

The tree is clearly in the elevation view boundries. I pushed it right against the building which is displaying correctly and still no tree. I can see the tree in the 3d view (I attached images to illustrate) but still cannot see the tree in elevation.

al
2004-06-04, 08:40 PM
I am afraid I don't have anything to add that will help you. I have had similar problems when rendering in elevation -- can't get the sky or reflections to work. Autodesk didn't offer any help. I think there are definitely some problems there.

cphubb
2004-06-04, 08:43 PM
What I think has happened is that we deleted the 3d Model from some of our tree symbols so we could do landscape plans and not kill our model. It seems that if there is no 3d object in the family the accurender trees will not display. When I swaped out with a 3d tree everything worked fine. My mistake was thinking we had 3d trees in the family I was using and therefore I was really confused. Anyway when rendering make sure there is a 3d model in the family your are using.