PDA

View Full Version : Workset question, hopefully a simple one.

sfraney
2006-06-09, 02:49 PM
Hi guys,

I have a small project that has worksets set up. Myself and one other person are working on local files that were save-as'd from the central file. As we work and save data back to the central file, is there a way for me to update my local file so I can see my coworkers saved back to the central work.

This there an update or refresh command that updates my local file with all the new work that has been added by him? How does this work?

bowlingbrad
2006-06-09, 03:18 PM
File Menu > Reload Latest

sfraney
2006-06-09, 05:32 PM
Thanks. What a great application Revit is, =).

D.Williams
2006-06-10, 12:01 AM
Hi guys,

I have a small project that has worksets set up. Myself and one other person are working on local files that were save-as'd from the central file. As we work and save data back to the central file, is there a way for me to update my local file so I can see my coworkers saved back to the central work.

This there an update or refresh command that updates my local file with all the new work that has been added by him? How does this work?

Additionally when you save to central if you check the "save local file" checkbox you automatically synchnonize your file with any updates to the central file (i.e. any changes the other person has saved to central). As a check - if you do this and then click Reload Latest, Revit will tell you there are no updates to make.

irwin
2006-06-10, 03:54 AM
Additionally when you save to central if you check the "save local file" checkbox you automatically synchnonize your file with any updates to the central file (i.e. any changes the other person has saved to central). As a check - if you do this and then click Reload Latest, Revit will tell you there are no updates to make.
Actually Save to Central always synchronizes the local file with the central file, whether you check the "save local file" checkbox or not. It does that in memory, affecting what you see on the screen, so you'll immediately see the changes other people have saved to central. The "save local file" checkbox just controls whether the result is immediately saved to disk. There is generally no need to save the file to disk locally right after a save to central unless you are about to close the file. Always save local before closing the file, otherwise it will become incompatible with the central file.