PDA

View Full Version : Tablet Configuration in AutoCAD 2007

Ken Cover
2006-06-12, 03:14 PM
Hello all.

I am trying to get a tablet to program correctly for AutoCAD 2007. In 2006, I just deleted the Legacy Tablet menus and loaded our company one.

In 2007, I cannot seem to delete, overwrite, etc to the cui file.

Thanks
Ken Cover

.T.
2006-06-12, 05:06 PM
Hi Ken,

Are you trying to edit the menu you have specified as the Enterprise menu?

I run a Kurta IS/ONE 12 button, and I have to use a seperate custom cui for the buttons (and other misc. toolbars, etc.) set as the main, with (in my case) Land cui as Enterprise. This was the solution Autodesk gave me. It still took some mucking around, (reloading the CUI, restarting, and such) but it finally worked.

Also, I use the Wintab driver from Digitizer Technology Company, Virtual Tablet Interface, Professional Edition, available Here (http://www.vtablet.com/). And make sure to set "Current Pointing Device" to " Wintab Compatible...", and "Digitizer and Mouse" (just making sure).

Ken Cover
2006-06-12, 06:22 PM
Thanks Tim,
Unfortunately, I unloaded all menus and made the acad.cui my only menu. But it still will not let me edit or erase. I have a specific cui for our tablets (CalComp DrawingBoardIII) that I could get to work with 2006, but it will not work with 2007.

I tried to replace the acad tablet info with ours but it reverted back to the original acad cui.

I don't know of another way to get it to work. The digitizer works fine but only with the Acad.cui legacy.

.T.
2006-06-12, 07:10 PM
Hi Ken,

First a couple of things to absolutely verify; check them off as we go: Make sure that Options/System tab/Current Pointing Device is set to Wintab Compatible Digitizer... and that "Accept input from" is set to "Digitizer and mouse". I am permanently disfigured from banging my head against the wall on this one.

After that, try setting the CUI you have (or create one just for the tablet buttons) for the tablet as your Enterprise CUI (for now). Go to Options/Files tab/Customization Files/Enterprise Customization File and browse for it. Then restart Autocad...

Let me know if it works or not.

Mike.Perry
2006-06-12, 08:23 PM
Hi Ken

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2007 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=342) forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Ken Cover
2006-06-13, 05:34 PM
Ok, it work when I do that. How can I make it work with the following setup.

Enterprise file is company Menu with submenus as follows
acad
express
dbcon
simpson
simpsonalpha

The Main cui file is each tech/Engineers "Custom" menu. I was trying to make the Tablet a submenu of the Main(Custom).cui

Let me know, thanks in advance for the help!

OK here is how I had to do it. I had to add the tablet.cui file above the acad menu file as a partial menu of the enterprise.cui

I would like to be able to add it to the main.cui for the ONE individual that uses the tablet.

.T.
2006-06-13, 06:41 PM
Once I got the buttons working, I was successful in "Transferring" the tablet buttons to my main (custom) CUI and unloading (in your case) tablet .cui by going into options and removing the entries for Main and Enterprise (temporarily) then using the CUI editor transfer facility, then reestablishing the Main and Enterprise entries. You might give that a shot for that one person's main(custom) CUI.