PDA

View Full Version : Architectural Drawings using AutoCAD

TROXELDE
2006-06-15, 05:37 AM
I AM LOOKING FOR HELP ON ARCHITECTURAL PLANS (FLOOR PLANS,ROOFS, ELEVATIONS, AND ALL OF THE REST. IS THIS COURSE GOING TO GO INTO ANY OF THAT AND IF NOT WHERE CAN I GET KNOWLEDGE LIKE THAT

CADKitty
2006-06-15, 12:53 PM
I AM LOOKING FOR HELP ON ARCHITECTURAL PLANS (FLOOR PLANS,ROOFS, ELEVATIONS, AND ALL OF THE REST. IS THIS COURSE GOING TO GO INTO ANY OF THAT AND IF NOT WHERE CAN I GET KNOWLEDGE LIKE THATHello,

This course will not be dealing with architectural plans. Depending on what software you're using (ADT, ABS, AutoCAD, Revit) you'd want to go to that product forum for help.
Oh, and please don't type in all caps - in the world of forums, it's considered SHOUTING. ;)

TROXELDE
2006-06-16, 06:40 AM
When teaching an Autocad course on 3d I would think it would be approprite to teach all phases and applications instead of just for mechanical draftspeople There is over 100,000 architects using autocad and some like me need some help with portions of the drafting that we are unfamiliar with Hopefully in the near future AUGI will come out with such a course since I am unable to find it anywhere else either. Thanks in advance for your reply

Augi Doggie
2006-06-16, 01:33 PM
When teaching an Autocad course on 3d I would think it would be approprite to teach all phases and applications instead of just for mechanical draftspeople There is over 100,000 architects using autocad and some like me need some help with portions of the drafting that we are unfamiliar with Hopefully in the near future AUGI will come out with such a course since I am unable to find it anywhere else either. Thanks in advance for your reply
Hello Troxelde (sorry I don't know your real name),

This is a very good suggestion and not one that is new to us. We would love to have classes that cover industry specific information for subjects like AutoCAD 2007's 3D features. Unfortunately, it's not always possible to do so. We would gladly welcome anyone who wants to teach those subjects.

A large portion of the AUGI members are in the Architecture industry so a course like that would be very popular. One difficulty we face is that a lot of the instructors that agree to do Architecture courses for us use ADT or Revit, not basic AutoCAD.

We will certainly try to find someone to teach such a course in the near future. Until then, I would suggest taking a course we offer in September ATP137 3D 2007: Finally! something we can ALL use. It will cover 3D very thoroughly and should be general enough that anyone can benefit from taking it.

Thanks for your suggestion,
Ken