PDA

View Full Version : Formula property in schedule table.

arcadia_x27
2004-06-04, 03:25 PM
I hope someone can help me with this. i know its just some little thing I've missed so here goes.Ive created a formula property under the space style to calculate the lineal feet of hot water baseboards needed in any given room. to create the formual I used the basearea property from the space object and im dividing it by a numerical value. The formula looks like this. [Spaceobjects:BaseArea]/14.5 The problem is. that when i go to create a schedule from the space objects, and i add the formula property to display in the schedule all i get displayed in the cells is the above formula. am i missing something in my formatting? Im not using tags on any of my space objects and im running ADT 2005. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dkoch
2004-06-04, 09:53 PM
What Property Data Format [PDF] is assigned to your Spaceobjects:BaseArea property in the Property Set Definition [PDF]? If it has any units formating for numbers [ie, does is append " SF", as the out-of-the-box Area PDF does], then you are trying to divide a string by a number, which is why the formula is failing.

Either change the PDF to Standard [assuming you have not edited that PDF] or some other PDF that does not try to format a number in any way - OR - if you need BaseArea to be formatted somewhere else, set up a second automatic property pulling from the same source, leave that property unformatted, and use that in your formula.

thillhouse
2007-08-07, 10:01 PM
David, hopefully you can help as well. I've been working with the occupant loading PSD's that you have described in previous posts. I recently created a formula to check to see if there is a number entered into another PSD (for fix seat assembly calculations) and if the was then to use that number and if not to use the area divided by the OccupantLoadFactorUnformatted PSD.

All I get in my schedule is the formula with the SD results showing.

I created a PSD called Fixed in which I can manually add the number of fixed seats.
I tried to create and IF THEN ELSE statement to see if there was a number entered and If not the to use the Occupants calculated with the OccupantLoad PSD

I've attached the file if the helps.
I'm using ADT 2005.

Thanks
Tim

stelthorst
2007-08-08, 02:01 AM
David, hopefully you can help as well. I've been working with the occupant loading PSD's that you have described in previous posts. I recently created a formula to check to see if there is a number entered into another PSD (for fix seat assembly calculations) and if the was then to use that number and if not to use the area divided by the OccupantLoadFactorUnformatted PSD.

All I get in my schedule is the formula with the SD results showing.

I created a PSD called Fixed in which I can manually add the number of fixed seats.
I tried to create and IF THEN ELSE statement to see if there was a number entered and If not the to use the Occupants calculated with the OccupantLoad PSD

I've attached the file if the helps.
I'm using ADT 2005.

Thanks
TimHi Tim,

I looked at your drawing and I think I got it working for you. (See attached). The only thing I did was move the OccupantLoadFactor property set from the OccupantLoadStyle PSD to the RoomID PSD. The problem (I think) was that the OccupantLoadFactor calculation was trying to pull an automatic PSD from a style based PSD. Moving it to an object based PSD (RoomID) seemed to fix the errors you were receiving.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

thillhouse
2007-08-10, 02:08 PM
Scott, Thanks for your reply! would you mind reposting the file as a 2005 dwg format?

Thanks
Tim

stelthorst
2007-08-10, 02:47 PM
Scott, Thanks for your reply! would you mind reposting the file as a 2005 dwg format?

Thanks
Tim
Hi Tim,

I modified the file at home. I'll save it down to 2005 tonight and repost it. :)

thillhouse
2007-08-10, 08:03 PM
Steve, I think I figured it out based on your description of what you did...And it works in the sence that the schedule does not show the formula anymore.

One thing though, the OccupantLoadFactor needs to be a style based PSD since it needs to change based on what the occupancy is which is set by the style.

Can I jump back and forth between Style and object PSD in any calculations?

The occupancy is derived by the Style PSD
The number of fixed seats is Object based and may be 0 for most areas...

Any suggestions?

Tim

stelthorst
2007-08-10, 09:02 PM
Steve, I think I figured it out based on your description of what you did...And it works in the sence that the schedule does not show the formula anymore.

One thing though, the OccupantLoadFactor needs to be a style based PSD since it needs to change based on what the occupancy is which is set by the style.

Can I jump back and forth between Style and object PSD in any calculations?

The occupancy is derived by the Style PSD
The number of fixed seats is Object based and may be 0 for most areas...

Any suggestions?

Tim
Hey Tim,

I wasn't thinking when I made my previous post. I was thinking I only had a copy of my file at home. Duh, there it is two posts up. I have saved it back to 2004 file format and attached it to this post.

The problem (I think) was that the BaseArea PSD you were using in your formula was a style based PSD that for whatever reason wouldn't work in your style based PSD but did work in your object based PSD.

Take a look at what I did and post back if you have any more questions or comments.

dkoch
2007-08-20, 03:25 AM
If I am recalling correctly, for a property in a style-based property set definition to be accessible to a formula property in an object-based property set definition, the style-based property set definition has to apply to "all styles".