PDA

View Full Version : Current Build - Multi-category Tags and Worksets Bug?

Mr Spot
2006-07-04, 11:59 PM
We are finding some weird occurences in the latest build of revit to do with multi-category tags on a worksetted file.

We have a multi-category tag loaded in the project however if you click to tag something using this tag, revit claims no multi-category tags are loaded. I tried reloading the tag however the same message appears.

My solution was to load another multi-category tag, and then all of a sudden both the multi-category tags become available to tag with again.

This is just plain annoying! :? As then i have to delete the unwanted tag out of the project to avoid confusion.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm unsure whether i should file this as a support request as frankly i'm getting sick of uploading this same file. :roll:

Nic M.
2006-07-05, 07:25 AM
Have exact the same error, multi tag and Revit claims none is loaded again and again. But no worksets here, I do have design options in the file.
I send it to support a month ago and received this week an "answer" that "the system somehow forgot about the tag and I should reload it" :?
I send them an e-mail explaining in detail what was going on. So far no response

Please file this one to support as I feel this sort of bugs is not getting a lot of attention.

I have two files where this occurs. One I hope I fixed by deleting the tag from the project browser (delete 63 instances of ...) , reload the multi tag, place the instances again. So far the system remembers....

Mr Spot
2006-07-05, 11:29 PM
Thanks Nic,

From the sounds of that its not limited to the current build if it happened a month ago. I'm finding that most of the support requests i've been filing have been pretty useless as of late as if any of them require a file to uploaded, by the time there is any sort of fix you've had to workaround and get your own fix anyway. I'm not really sure Autodesk understand the meaning of a "critical" support request.

But i'm sure they have plenty to keep them busy... :)

I'll file a request and upload the file if they ask for it and hopefully a new build will fix this issue. I was also made aware that the current build has issues and they recommending people stick to the previous build... I wish they wouldn't do that.

david.sheffield
2007-01-22, 12:03 PM
I too was having this problem and came across this thread looking for a solution. I filed a request and here is the response in case someone else comes here looking for help.

“The underlying issue for this case is being addressed by our development team on a future release. The workaround is to drag and drop the multicategory tag from Project Browser into the view and THEN click on Tag/Multi-Category. Then everything works fine. “

David