PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm dumb - is there a Styles Exchange Page?

2006-07-07, 04:22 PM
I have been trawling around looking for the ADT/ABS styles sharing page, unless I am very much mistaken (always a distinct possibility), this is it...? It looks more like a forum to me.

Would an FTP type of style repository not be easier for people to find what they are after? How plausible would an iDrop site be?

I don't want to knock this forum, because it has helped me out loads in the past, but if people are to use this to find the content they are after, especially the ABS guys and gals who are deperately lacking the parts they need, we need to be able to find where things are quickly and efficiently, download and use.

Keep up the excellent work.

Chuckyd67
2006-07-10, 11:49 AM
I have no comment on your intelligence. However, I made a comment recently about some material that was posted in this forum. I thought a better place for it would be the exchange center. The response was, "this is how we've been doing it, and it's hard to get people to change." Sort of like getting people to change from drafting boards to CAD.

Wanderer
2006-07-10, 02:54 PM
I don't know about that... I was under the distinct impression that the exchange center is currently under renovations and will be back up again in the future?
I have no comment on your intelligence. However, I made a comment recently about some material that was posted in this forum. I thought a better place for it would be the exchange center. The response was, "this is how we've been doing it, and it's hard to get people to change." Sort of like getting people to change from drafting boards to CAD.

Steve_Bennett
2006-07-10, 03:21 PM
All are valid points and I don't think you're dumb. You have a great idea and you're not the only person to request such a feature as an i-drop page. We are currently disscussing how we would be able to do this. Please keep the suggestions coming as that is what will make this community valuable for you!

2006-07-10, 03:40 PM
On this subject, I just got a reply from LGutwillig on the AutoDesk forum (text below), it would seem that AutoDesk are thinking exactly the same thing. Thanks for all the replies, it seems that humming old Nirvana songs while typing can produce good results, I actually meant to type out something more like "Where is the Exchange Page", but I was thinking to myself that I was being a bit dumb by not being able to find it, hence humming the song. Such is life's rich tapestry!

Re: MV Parts User Content
A content sharing site has been part of many discussions at Autodesk over the last few years. Currently, the Subscription Center does include Autodesk provided content for download, however there is not a site for customers to share their content that Autodesk provides. I would highly recommend utilizing the new AUGI ADT/ABS Community. There is an Exchange site already established and is managed by richard.binning@augi.com. I would suggest for any customers willing to share their content to contact Richard for more information about posting to the exchange site. I hope that helps for know until I have more information to share from Autodesk.

david_peterson
2006-07-10, 04:35 PM
Exchange Page located Here (http://www.augi.com/exchange/search.asp?page=415)

richard.binning
2006-07-11, 03:21 AM
There are no dumb questions...only questions that go unasked.

We are working on an upload/download system...see screenshots below. Anyone out there with experience in PHP and/or "smarty" templating system?

RLB

richard.binning
2006-07-11, 03:27 AM
P.S. Until the new Fileswap area is launched the best place to search for and download styles would be the forum found in the "In Practice" category titled Styles Exchange. (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=396) As good styles are created and shared in this forum, I will move them to the Styles Exchange forum for everyone to download.

Now, back to the FileSwap coding effort...

2006-07-11, 07:35 AM
That looks great Richard and thanks for the link David. I'm sure someone out there in AUGI land has the requisite PHP skills...?