PDA

View Full Version : Change text case in an entire table at the same time

mom of 3
2006-07-11, 07:41 PM
Is there anyway to change the text case in an entire table at the same time or do I have to do each cell separately? This is my first time using tables, & the one that I'm modifying was created by someone who no longer works here...........
ACAD 2006 with LDD 2006
:?

Wanderer
2006-07-11, 07:50 PM
hmm, i've never tried this but looking \/ down there under similar threads, you're getting hits in two wishlists, so I'm going to assume not... ~fingers crossed that assumption is wrong~
..........but - is there anyway to change the text case in an entire table at the same time or do I have to do each cell separately? This is my first time using tables, & the one that I'm modifying was created by someone who no longer works here...........
ACAD 2006 with LDD 2006

BrenBren
2006-07-11, 07:54 PM
..........but - is there anyway to change the text case in an entire table at the same time or do I have to do each cell separately? This is my first time using tables, & the one that I'm modifying was created by someone who no longer works here...........
ACAD 2006 with LDD 2006
You can do a search and replace, but I'm not sure how that could help you - I suppose you could do a search and replace by letters :?

mom of 3
2006-07-11, 07:56 PM
I don't think this has to do with editing text, though because aren't the tables supposed to be like excel OLE objects? I'd searched for editing tables before I posted, couldn't find anything - but what do I know? *shrug*
Thanks!

cwade
2006-07-12, 06:19 PM
There are many LSIP routines for changing the case of text, they have worked just fine for me on tables, in some cases you may ned to modify them to recognise tbales, but tables are fancy versions of Mtext, not OLE objects. The routine that I use was wrttin in the early 90s and still works the best of any of te ones I have found.

mom of 3
2006-07-12, 06:28 PM
I guess I need to restate my question - I was asking about changing case on the table cells all at one time like attributes as opposed to one cell at a time. I thought I had asked that in the first post, but I guess not. I understand that it is possible to change case on text & mtext, I was trying to find out about tables.

BrenBren
2006-07-12, 06:36 PM
I guess I need to restate my question - I was asking about changing case on the table cells all at one time like attributes as opposed to one cell at a time. I thought I had asked that in the first post, but I guess not. I understand that it is possible to change case on text & mtext, I was trying to find out about tables.
No, AFAIK, it is not possible. As I stated above, you can use the find and replace feature in AutoCAD to replace the words in your table (I'm not sure if that will be quicker than opening each cell to edit it).

mom of 3
2006-07-12, 06:38 PM
Drat - find & replace would take longer. None of the cells have the same wording. Oh well. Thanks!

BrenBren
2006-07-12, 06:39 PM
Drat - find & replace would take longer. None of the cells have the same wording. Oh well. Thanks!You could run it 26 times, replacing it letter by letter - that might be quicker, depending on how big your table is ~shrug~