PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD crashes when using a "keynote" Block in a Table

MikeM4OSU
2006-07-14, 02:36 PM
We use tables for keynotes on our drawings. I insert a block "keynote" which is a circle with an attribute within it in one cell and next to it describe the note in another. My problem is when I insert the keynote symbol into the cell it crashes AutoCAD. Not every time, it is a guess when it will happen. I try to save before I edit the table and just after so that I don't loose anything, but this is not what I think Autodesk had envisioned. Anyone out there having this problem or a solution to mine. Thanks for any help.

Mike

I have attached the table in question for your viewing pleasure.

BrenBren
2006-07-14, 03:30 PM
We use tables for keynotes on our drawings. I insert a block "keynote" which is a circle with an attribute within it in one cell and next to it describe the note in another. My problem is when I insert the keynote symbol into the cell it crashes AutoCAD. Not every time, it is a guess when it will happen. I try to save before I edit the table and just after so that I don't loose anything, but this is not what I think Autodesk had envisioned. Anyone out there having this problem or a solution to mine. Thanks for any help.

Mike

I have attached the table in question for your viewing pleasure.
Have you tried submitting an error report when your AutoCAD crashes when you are doing this?

Also, I never knew you could insert a block like that in a table.... cool :)

MikeM4OSU
2006-07-14, 05:16 PM
Oh yes! many times.

BrenBren
2006-07-14, 05:25 PM
Oh yes! many times.Hmm... I've usually had success with them contacting me when I've done this...

Sorry, I really don't know how else to help; have you checked the Autodesk NG;s?

MikeM4OSU
2006-07-14, 05:36 PM
Hmm... I've usually had success with them contacting me when I've done this...

Sorry, I really don't know how else to help; have you checked the Autodesk NG;s?

Autodesk NG's? Not familiar with this. Also we use the tables for legengs as well, but I still have the same problem.

BrenBren
2006-07-14, 05:53 PM
Autodesk NG's? Not familiar with this. Also we use the tables for legengs as well, but I still have the same problem.go to www.autodesk.com, click on support and you can go to the newsgroups. You can either read them in a web browser or with a new reader (like Outlook Express). If you search the NG's, you might find someone with a similar problem.