markjohn.perry
2006-07-27, 08:26 AM
An image from a recent submission - thank goodness for curtain walling

Produced in ADT 2006 + Viz Render

dkoch
2006-07-27, 11:38 AM
An image from a recent submission - thank goodness for curtain walling

Produced in ADT 2006 + Viz Render
Nice image. Is everything shown part of a single curtain wall object, or are the projecting panels separate objects?

david_peterson
2006-07-27, 01:49 PM
Very Nice work. I'm trying to figure out how you were able to get the panels to look like they are some what open, or was that something that was attached to the curtain wall. I'd be very interested in finding out more about this. Thanks for the post.

2006-07-27, 02:08 PM
That is most awesome. Tell us how, tell us how, please, for the love of Larry, tell us how you did it...?

I actually have a curtain wall style to create that is not a million miles away from that and I haven't got a scooby-doo how to do it, so if you let us know how you created that, I will forever be in your debt.

markjohn.perry
2006-07-28, 07:46 AM
The coloured solar shading are made from slabs and applied afterwards.

The curtain wall has a number of infill overrides in the form of door\window assemblies.

It was quite a simple plan but I think the effectiveness is down to seeing alot of it together.

2006-07-28, 08:22 AM
Well it is certainly very effective, I am off to show it to one of my senior Architects, coz he thinks you can't do complex curtain walling in ADT and you have proved him wrong. Big up da Markjohn.Perry!

david_peterson
2006-07-28, 05:45 PM
I have yet to find something that you absolutly can't do in ADT (unless you think of walls as just walls and structural members as structural members) heck I've seen Curtain walls used for roof truss layout :roll: