PDA

View Full Version : Scale Culvert Dynamic Block proportionally to the width of the pipe

KansasCAD
2006-07-27, 01:49 PM
Hello,
I am converting alot of our blocks into dynamic blocks as time permits and as I need to use them. I am having trouble with a culvert block that I have attached. What I want it to do is be able to insert this block, be able to grip edit the length of culvert, (I have that part working), be able to rotate it, (I have not added that yet), and be able to either grip edit the width of the pipe in the available sizes, or use a lookup table for the different sizes of pipe. The problem I am having is scaling the end section on each end of the pipe. The "base point" of the scale needs to move with the end of the pipe and scale based on the width of the pipe. I have calculated the scales and all of the dimensions of the end section will be close enough if I can just scale it proportionally to the width of the pipe. So for any of you who like a challenge I would appreciate any help. Thanks, :?

Daryl

Rico
2006-07-27, 07:27 PM
okay, so I've got 2 different ways of doing it.

In one of them, I've used a polar stretch to accomplish botha rotate and a stretch with ONE point only.

in the other one, I've got separate actions for the rotate and stretch actions.

Let me know if this is close to what you wanted.

Note that in both cases, you'll need to decide the culvert width (vertical) before setting the length (horizontal) no reason other than you'll have to adjust if you do it the other way around. It'll work either way, just less clicks if you do it my way. ;)

Hope it's what you were looking for.

KansasCAD
2006-08-02, 11:44 AM
Wow Thanks,

I guess I was trying to make it too difficult. I am now going to add the "Standard sizes" for width, and make the length incremental to either 1 foot or 6 inches. Would you use a lookup table for the width, or just enter them in a list? I have used both, just curious to get opinions of others on what they use and how they decide.

Thanks again,

Daryl

Rico
2006-08-02, 01:01 PM
Wow Thanks,

I guess I was trying to make it too difficult. I am now going to add the "Standard sizes" for width, and make the length incremental to either 1 foot or 6 inches. Would you use a lookup table for the width, or just enter them in a list? I have used both, just curious to get opinions of others on what they use and how they decide.

Thanks again,

Daryl
I'd probably use the lookup and get rid of the stretch action icon (set the # of grips to 0 in BE)

That way, everything can be accessed from the menu and people can't fake the funk. And only you can add a 'standard' size if needed.