PDA

View Full Version : Create a new "profile" space

mlaterza
2004-06-08, 02:56 PM
I would like to see Autocad Civil Design incorporate another space (or view) to create a profile. This would be helpful when running a profile along an alignment based in model space at a specific vertical scale. A helpful feature would be assigning a coordinate system to this profile (such as station, elevation), so that inserting blocks and designing new pipelines wouldn't need to be calculated by hand. I have used other cadd programs with this powerful feature, and it saves much needed time.

thanks for listening

MHultgren
2004-06-09, 02:27 PM
Civil has the ability to create a profile outside the drawing that you are working in so you can put them wherever you want them, as long as the drawing is associated to the correct project. If you turn Attribute display on and zoom into the bottom left corner of the profile and you will see the attributes of the profile, starting point, scale, elevation, datum, X & Y coordinates, etc. I use these attributes in my routines that place blocks and labels in the profiles to make sure the scale, stations, elevations and rotations are in the correct place.