PDA

View Full Version : Workspace does not load correctly at startup

tim.101799
2006-07-31, 06:02 PM
I have to say I really hate the CUI and miss the old menu setup.

I have been having little issues here and there with the CUI for months now. So far the only way I can get my CUI to load correctly every time is to have a default workspace auto-load with every drawing. What I did is to get my menu structure and tool bars set up the way I want. Saved that as the ‘Default’ workspace and added the following line to my Acad2000Doc.lsp file (command "wscurrent" "default"). This works, but it brings up some new problems.

Back in the days of AutoCAD 2002 every one in my office had there own profile. They basically copied the office standard profile and moved around tool bars and sometimes created their own tool bars. From a CAD management point of view this was a disaster. It seemed that 95% of me technical support cases for AutoCAD had to do with some user screwing up there profile. So now that we upgraded my plan is to have one company profile in the server that is read only & users can customize there interface by creating there own workspaces. The only problem is that for me to get the CUI to load correctly I had to add the line above. So every time a user opens a file the company default work space loads. The users then have to switch to their own workspaces. It is kind of annoying for them.

So as I see it I have two courses of action.

1. Fiqure out a way to have to CUI load correctly without having to force a default work space to load. User can then set there work space to load from the get go on their stations.
2. Come up with a way to have the users work space load for them when they open AutoCAD without changing my current set up. In Autocad 2002 there was a switch you could add to the desktop shortcut to have autoacad open with a specific profile. Is there something similar for work spaces?

Glenn Pope
2006-07-31, 10:10 PM
what is happening when the CUI is not loading correctly. If we know what is happening we might be able to help fix it.

tim.101799
2006-08-01, 12:39 PM
what is happening when the CUI is not loading correctly. If we know what is happening we might be able to help fix it.

My custom menus don't load. My main CUI file contains my companys custom menu's and tool bars. Then I partially load the ACAD.CUI and the Express.CUI on top of that. If I do not set a defualt workspace to load, only the acad.cui and express.cui menus load. My company custom menu's are not there, but the custom tool bars are.

See the attached photos.

jpaulsen
2006-08-01, 02:29 PM
I can't explain why your workspaces are not behaving correctly. But I have a temporary solution that may help you until you figure it out.

Change the line in your Acad2000Doc.lsp file to (setvar "wscurrent" (getvar "wscurrent")).

This will set (reload) each users current workspace.

tim.101799
2006-08-01, 02:39 PM
I can't explain why your workspaces are not behaving correctly. But I have a temporary solution that may help you until you figure it out.

Change the line to your Acad2000Doc.lsp file to (setvar "wscurrent" (getvar "wscurrent")).

This will set (reload) each users current workspace.

Thanks! that works great......