PDA

View Full Version : Which driver should I use with a Nvidia Quadro FX 3450 graphics card

TSTEPHENSON
2006-08-01, 08:26 PM
what's the best graphics driver for AutoCAD
we have Nvidia Quadro FX 3450 graphics card running dual monitors. we are using the drivers and software that came with the computer & card, (straight install with no changes). is there better drivers or setting we should change to make run better. we are not having any problems but i go to Nvidia site there seem tobe other drivers and the disk contains 2 other drivers power draft & maxtreme

powermarc
2006-08-01, 08:36 PM
I would start by saying that if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but sometimes the newest driver can increase the performance of your video card. With nVidia products, the latest reference drivers from the nVidia web site are the best to use. The drivers that come with the card are usually a couple of versions behind if not more.

In my experience with nVidia cards and drivers, you should uninstall the old drivers completely before installing the new ones. Just make sure you already have the installer for the new software downloaded before you do this (it's really hard browsing the web at 640x480 and 16 colors when you have to use the generic Windows video driver.);)

Let us know how it turns out.

Buffeldrek
2006-08-02, 08:46 AM
I usually download the latest drivers from Nvidia - disregarding the brand of the card, with the condition there is a Nvidia chipset aboard.

Within the driver i disable the vertical sync - it is said it can give inventor up to 30% more grafical performance

robert.1.hall72202
2006-08-02, 12:18 PM
I have the same card and I noticed that AutoCad 2007 prompts for
a driver update. Go to the nvidia website and install the latest driver.

I have 8.4.2.6, if that means anything.

There may even be an upgrade over what I have installed.

avdesign
2006-08-02, 04:23 PM
Check the Certified Hardware in the support section on Autodesk's website
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7107053&linkID=2475161
Go to the Graphics Hardware List and answer the question and it will spit back a list of cards and the currently supported drivers.