PDA

View Full Version : Export to AUTOCAD

jnyazz
2006-08-09, 03:53 PM
Summary: I wish to export to AUTOCAD like you publish a set of dwgs

Description: Would be nice to have a command that exoprts more than one dwg @ a time. right now you have to open each dwg select exoprt then choose where to save it. If there was anyway we can like publishing you could select all the dwgs you need & say export to AUTOCAD like with the publish to plotter or dwf where the save path is built into the project navigator & the files are opened & exported to there.

How used: It is used @ our company frequently for consultants that are not up to speed on CADD to bind & save dwgs for them. but you have to open each dwg. then export to AUTOCAD & select where you want the new dwg.

Feature Affinity: export &?or publish

Steve_Bennett
2006-08-09, 04:04 PM
Ummm... eTransmit already does this - unless you don't like the results for some reason of the dwgs from eTransmit. When eTransmitting, in the options you can choose to save the drawings as AutoCAD with exploded AEC objects which is essentially the same thing that export to AutoCAD does.

jnyazz
2006-08-10, 02:10 PM
We like the dwg to be bound so they can not by "accident" shift anything does etransmit bind them as well

Wanderer
2006-08-10, 04:55 PM
yes, if you tell it to.
We like the dwg to be bound so they can not by "accident" shift anything does etransmit bind them as well

Steve_Bennett
2006-08-10, 05:34 PM
We like the dwg to be bound so they can not by "accident" shift anything does etransmit bind them as wellYes, binding xrefs is part of the eTransmit options and is set on the same window as setting how it will be saved. See attached screen shot. Keys ares are highlighted with a red rectangle.

jnyazz
2006-08-11, 01:08 PM
Well then thank you guys very much for all the new & useful information hand the help you have provided. I guess my wish can be redacted. You guys are great. thanks again.