PDA

View Full Version : Using an image as texture ?

slim13
2004-06-09, 08:12 PM
Hi !

Can we use an image to put like a texture on a splited face for rendering ?
(even autocad knows how to do it...) I could not find a link when creating a new material for an external image to apply...
thanks for help !

slim13
2004-06-09, 08:14 PM
Hi !

(even autocad knows how to do it...) I could not find a link when creating a new material for an external image to apply...
thanks for help !

luigi
2004-06-09, 08:25 PM
Of course you can apply an image as texture, unless you meant what some people call "Bump" map. The image as texture can be added when you select an Accurender material, in the Settings/Material section. Once you have a material selected, you click on the arrow next to the Accurender bar and the "Material Library" pops up. Then you right mouse click the material you want to use (either modify that material, or "Current Material as Template". Then you go to the "Maps" section and add an image at the image mapping. The "Bump" map is the section below, which an image cannot be used.

I hope this helps, that is if you didn't mean what Accurender calls "Procedural Bumps"

hand471037
2004-06-09, 08:42 PM
well there are two things here. One is that a 'material' in Revit is really just that -what something is made out of- and how it will show in projection and section, and that part has nothing to do with Rendering. And you can't apply a bitmap to that part, materials can only have a color, cut pattern, and surface pattern. This is for Sections, Plans, Elevations, Details...

Second is that you can associate a Accurender Rendering Material with a Revit Material in the Materials dialog, which is how that material will appear when it's rendered. The settings and library of Accurender materials is vastly more complex than that within Revit, and this is where you can use a bitmap as a surface texture- but it will only show when rendered.

You can bump map too, it's under the settings for the image map within the Accurender material editor.

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-09, 09:16 PM
You can use a Decal, or define a material that uses the image you'd like to place on the model.

Modelling > Decal

...or define a material that maps that image onto your model, if you want it "tiled"

Settings > Materials > define or edit new material and add a Map entry to import your image

HTH!

slim13
2004-06-13, 11:53 PM
thanks for helping !!

the decal works good, I didn't tried yet the material method...