PDA

View Full Version : Is a G7 a good mouse for CADD work? I primarily do civil with LDT 2005

gtrgurl
2006-08-12, 04:05 PM
Hi

i have a Logitech mx600 laser mouse for home and i like it i would like to invest in the G7 for work. i have some issues with arthritis and the feel and shape is good for me. What i would like input on is if this is a good mouse (G7) for CADD work i primarily do civil with LDD 2005.

thank you

Diana Mitchell

madcadder
2006-08-12, 04:30 PM
Have you considered a trackball?
Less wrist movement.
More buttons.
Still have use of a wrist-rest.

I've used a trackball since 99 and both the Logitech and the Microsoft have software to program the buttons to your needs.

I have a button set to accelerator set to Pop0, that way I still have MButtonPan and the OSnap menu. I set another button to an ENTER that works on all applications and really speeds up dialog/alert boxes.

robert.1.hall72202
2006-08-14, 12:34 PM
Anything with extra buttons would be a plus in Cad.
Consider having escape and undo programmed into the mouse.

Buffeldrek
2006-08-14, 03:01 PM
I have the mx500, its fast, accurate and solid - but sometimes there seems a problem with the bluetooth connection, where the mouse sometimes is not found at all or for shorter periods looses its connection - and that is annoying.

Ogre
2006-08-14, 06:18 PM
I keep finding that all mice have the "Tilt Wheel" feature...I have tried to use it and it drives me nuts!!!! :banghead: You have to push down just perfectly to get the mbutton to pan and not slide to the side...Does anyone know a way to fix/get rid of that feature??? Will re-programming the mouse work???

Railrose
2006-08-14, 06:55 PM
I keep finding that all mice have the "Tilt Wheel" feature...I have tried to use it and it drives me nuts!!!! :banghead: You have to push down just perfectly to get the mbutton to pan and not slide to the side...Does anyone know a way to fix/get rid of that feature??? Will re-programming the mouse work???
I have a Logitech Mediaplay mouse & love it. It is a tilt wheel, but there is enough resistance on it that it works like I want it to. It has 8 programmable buttons, although it is originally made for internet use. It fits my hand pretty well, but I wish it were a little thicker to accommodate my long fingers.

robert.1.hall72202
2006-08-14, 08:42 PM
I have a Logitech Mediaplay mouse & love it. It is a tilt wheel, but there is enough resistance on it that it works like I want it to. It has 8 programmable buttons, although it is originally made for internet use. It fits my hand pretty well, but I wish it were a little thicker to accommodate my long fingers.

I have a mediaplay mouse at home. When the batteries are getting low, it likes
to constantly turn the volume up and down. It will eventually lock up my computer.
Always keep a fresh set of batteries and/or a backup corded mouse when using a
wireless mouse.

Railrose
2006-08-14, 08:45 PM
I have a mediaplay mouse at home. When the batteries are getting low, it likes
to constantly turn the volume up and down. It will eventually lock up my computer.
Always keep a fresh set of batteries and/or a backup corded mouse when using a
wireless mouse.
Mine hasn't done that, but I keep extra batteries in my desk drawer, & the corded mouse attached for emergencies.

jaberwok
2006-08-14, 09:58 PM
..Always keep a fresh set of batteries AND a backup corded mouse when using a wireless mouse.

Oh yes .