PDA

View Full Version : Can I use an Express Tool Command within a lisp?

droak
2004-06-10, 12:41 PM
I tried to use an Express Tool Command < laydel > in a lisp and it is not recognized as a command. I can use laydel at the command line succesfully.

My line of code is something like this.

(Command "laydel" "t" "Layer-Name" "" "y");

Is there a special syntax for using and Express Tool Command?

Respectfully,
Darrell

stig.madsen
2004-06-10, 01:50 PM
LAYDEL is written in AutoLISP and can be called with its defun name (C:LAYDEL).

However, it builds parameters on the fly and can not accept arguments.

RobertB
2004-06-10, 02:51 PM
As Stig points out, that Express Tool is a LISP routine. You can call a command-line function from another LISP routine, as Stig shows, but you cannot use a LISP routine to pass the command line arguments.

One tacky alternative is to write the instructions for the Express Tool to a script file, and execute the script.

It is far better to write your own version of the tool.

Coolmo
2004-06-10, 03:09 PM
...or you could hack the laydel lisp routine and write your own from the guts of it..... but learning the methods and then writing your own would be a better path to take instead of hacking them. That way you could make it do whatever you wanted it to do.

psuchewinner
2004-06-21, 07:16 PM
hack?
Is there a way to view these files (arx,fas)? Or is there someplace that would document these routines. Some of the express tools are valuable and it would be nice to use the coding to figure out other ways to use them. My nemesis right now is the dreaded QLEADER. I am having a hard time to get it to respond the way i want it to. It has bugs and would be nice to write a different version of it.