PDA

View Full Version : arched head window assemblies

JBACHMAN
2004-06-10, 07:29 PM
Window assemblies create square openings in the walls. What are my options to create a window assembly or curtain wall (or any other option you can suggest) that would have an arched top? In my office, we combine windows such as an arched head window mulled to the top of rectangular windows. I have attempted to create assembly openings with “layout grids” which seem to only have a rectangular geometry, by converting an elevation sketch shaped like two mulled windows (please see attached drawing for an example). My problem with the elevation sketch (once it has become an assembly) is that its size seems to be fixed. I have become accustom to entering new widths and heights to achieve larger windows and larger mulled windows (via assemblies). I have tried to do so with the assembly I had created with the elevation sketch, but its frame does not budge (increase in size with new width & height in the properties box). Therefore, if you have been able to create a flexible window assembly (etc.) for arched head windows, I would like to know how you had done it so that I can repeat your success on my end. Thank you.

Jmickledesign
2004-06-11, 01:19 PM
I think if you apply window assembly to linework like you said you can go into the ***. style and change that to or from fixed no. cells which ever works best for you and try manipulating it that way

dkoch
2004-06-11, 04:36 PM
In addition to the linework option, you can specify the shape of your Door/Window Assembly on the Shape tab when editing the style. You can choose from a number of predefined shapes or create your own custom Profile and apply that to your style.