PDA

View Full Version : Object Properties not working

pford
2004-06-11, 01:35 PM
Individual object poroperties will not display in the object properties box. I can open the Object Properties dialog box and select an object in the design space, but only the layer of the object is displayed. No other properties are displayed.

mjfarrell
2004-06-11, 01:39 PM
When you select an object in the Drawing Editor, the object properties are not displayed in the Object Properties toolbar, such as the layer on which it resides, or its color assignment.

The PICKFIRST system variable controls the display of an object's properties in the Object Properties toolbar when the object is selected.

You can enable or disable this function.

Right-click in the command line area, and click Options on the shortcut menu.
In the Options dialog box, click the Selection tab.
Under Selection Modes, select Noun/Verb Selection. The PICKFIRST system variable will be set to 1.
Click Apply, then click OK.
Another method is to set the PICKFIRST system variable to 1 by entering PICKFIRST on the command line.

pford
2004-06-11, 01:47 PM
I tried that, but it did'nt work.

-Also. The drawing I'm working on has an xref. Would that have anything to do wiht it?

mjfarrell
2004-06-11, 01:55 PM
Ok try this:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2525855&linkID=2475712

Object Properties Manager Update

Published date: 2003-03-06
ID: DL400087

Applies to:
AutoCADĀ® 2000i
AutoCAD LTĀ® 2000i

OPM_Fix_Update.htm

OPMfix.exe (24 KB)

This utility corrects a problem with the Object Properties Manager, which in certain situations does not display information about selected objects.

Note: This utility applies only to the following languages of the products listed above:

English
French
Italian
German
Spanish
Russian
Czech
Hungarian
Polish

pford
2004-06-11, 02:43 PM
I am using AutoCAD LT 2002. I should have mentioned that before.

I tried the fix listed above, but of course it didn't work because I'm using 2002...

pford
2004-06-11, 05:07 PM
After closing and reopening the proplematic file mentioned above, the Object Properties window started working.

Can anyone shed some light on what is going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated for future consideration.

-Patrick Ford
Engineer's Technician
Madrid Engineering Group, Inc.
Bartow, FL