PDA

View Full Version : Are junk layer filters added?

tomdillenbeck
2004-06-11, 01:42 PM
We get consultant files from different places and in many cases the Layer Properties Manager take forever and a day to open because there are hundreds of layer filters.

Is there some bug that automatically generates large quantities of layer filters?

Often there are 5 times the number of filters as actual layers.

mjfarrell
2004-06-11, 01:45 PM
Yes, it is called AUTOCAD!.

See this link. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2893068&linkID=2475323

It is a result of BAD cad practices and programming combined to give you grief.

nhugley
2004-06-11, 03:12 PM
once the drawing finally comes up delete all the filter and purge the drawing

should get better

nick

Ed Jobe
2004-06-11, 03:47 PM
Rober Bell had a lisp to delete all layer filters. Since acadx is down, you can download it from Cadalyst.com. It was in Hot Tip Harry's section.

Wanderer
2004-06-11, 04:55 PM
Often there are 5 times the number of filters as actual layers.
I hear you on that one, brother!
I get this all the time, one I got a couple months back had about 80 layers, but easily 500 layer filters (most of which had no layers in them).:banghead:

I couldn't figure out what was slowing the drawing down so much until someone suggested that I look there.

I deleted them all and everything started behaving normally again. 8)

tomdillenbeck
2004-06-14, 11:32 AM
See this link. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2893068&linkID=2475323

From looking at this article, it appears to only be an AutoCAD 2002 problem. I can't replicate the problem in 2005, so it must now be fixed. This means we only get this problem from consultants who use 2002. Would anybody disagree?

Mike.Perry
2004-06-14, 11:48 AM
From looking at this article, it appears to only be an AutoCAD 2002 problem. I can't replicate the problem in 2005, so it must now be fixed. This means we only get this problem from consultants who use 2002. Would anybody disagree?Hi

Below snippets are from AutoCAD 2004 reviews -

<snip>
Layer Filters Enhancements – The problem with Layer Filters being carried over when a CopyClip is performed between two drawing files has been resolved. This resulted in many problems with a lot of Layer Filters being added to a drawing unknowingly. There is also an additional option in the Layer Filters dialog box to Delete All filters.
</snip>

<snip>
Layer filters are not multiplying on your drawings since they are not following when you insert or pasteclip to a drawing.
</snip>

Have a good one, Mike

Beth Powell
2004-08-31, 06:59 PM
Has anyone seen any other problems as a result of too many layer filters? I have a user with a zoom problem that she thinks is related to her too many layer filters. I suspect it's really a video problem or a wheel mouse problem. Just thought I'd ask to cover all bases.