PDA

View Full Version : Placing Light Fixture Problem

smcmillin
2006-08-29, 04:59 PM
I asked this at autodesk discussion but got no response, perhaps better luck here.

I cant seem to place light fixtures correctly. I can put them on the ceiling but I cant snap them to the grid. same thing for mechanical air terminals. I created a new project and linked in the architects model but systems doesn't recognize the ceiling grid as something to snap to. If I work directly in the Architects Central File everything works fine. Any ideas?

cphubb
2006-08-30, 10:21 PM
Lights do not snap to the grid. The "Grid" is a ceiling pattern. A special one but still a pattern.

Our method is to place a couple of lights and use the align tool. Make sure to re-visit the light locations after the architect has moved all the grids.

smcmillin
2006-08-31, 03:43 PM
The weird thing is if I go to 3d view and flip the building upside down and turn off the floor, I can then move my fixtures to snap to the t-bar just like if I was working directly in the Architects file. I hope this is fixed in the next release.

dmb.100468
2006-09-06, 06:30 PM
i replied to you on the autodesk forum

basically, you have to use ceiling hosted fixtures (which don't come with the software, you have to build them yourself with the provided template)

or you can use the Align tool and tediously align each fixture to the gridlines.

Baldwin_4-6-0
2006-09-08, 05:56 PM
Autodesk just came to our office and said that the ceilings from a Linked Revit Building Model are not snappable or alignable.

I said to them." let me go fiure out why, and I'll e-mail you the solution".

When I went to my desk to figure it out, it just worked fine for me, I couldn't get it not to work.

I e-mailed them and sent them the file, and they still couldn't get to work on their end..

Long story short, the differnce was the template.rte file, our Revit Systems template.rte file was created using Revit Building.

Problem solved