PDA

View Full Version : Can't Output Correct Rotation Angle / HP Plotter

photography67836
2004-06-14, 07:06 PM
Hi,

I've really had it with this issue, but there must be a solution. Whenever I plot to our plotter, an HP 430 Design Jet, the output is rotated 90 degrees, no matter what plotter or software settings are set to. So, the sheets come out portrait on a landscape format printer, and waste a foot of paper that needs to be cut (manually) for every sheet. Please, if someone has had this problem and managed to resolve it, please share. Or at least some tips to get into narrowing down the issues. BTW this has never been a problem in Autocad LT or 2000.

Thanks.

PeterJ
2004-06-14, 08:04 PM
Check the HP plot controller, I say this simply because AutoCAD uses its own improved driver settings but Revit uses the system printer and if the HP driver or some other piece of interim software is inh the way that may be the source of your trouble.

photography67836
2004-06-14, 09:53 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not seem to be using any other software. I just did a setup on the plotter, and it did not make the rotation any better. I adjusted the setting as in the attached image, and it (the autorotate) is not affecting the plot output at all. (?!?) In fact, I tried several combinations before and after the plot re-config and they're all the same. I just don't know. Does Revit have a plotter driver in the works? This seems to be too simple an issue....there must be a fix.

mjfarrell
2004-06-14, 10:08 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not seem to be using any other software. I just did a setup on the plotter, and it did not make the rotation any better. I adjusted the setting as in the attached image, and it (the autorotate) is not affecting the plot output at all. (?!?) In fact, I tried several combinations before and after the plot re-config and they're all the same. I just don't know. Does Revit have a plotter driver in the works? This seems to be too simple an issue....there must be a fix.

Go the Front Panel on the HP and ensure that it is set to SOFTWARE control
and that the rotation is set to zero.
Verify that the windows setting for default plotting is Landscape.

cgrover
2004-06-15, 02:36 AM
Jason,

I had a similar problem with a HP 120nr and it was very frustrating. The only way I resolve the issue was when I went from 12" rolls to 24" rolls my printing worked. If you do a search on threads started by me you will find one "Major Plotting Problems", this may shed some light onto your problem as well. Good luck.

grover

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-24, 04:54 AM
What was happening with Jason was a few things:

1 he was plotting to an HP plotter, so you have to remember that HP plotters need 5mm at the sides of the roll, and 17mm at the front and back edge of the sheet as it feeds out of the plotter

2 the titleblock had one line that was protruding into the margin area

3 the plotter driver was set to use 24x36" oversize

Look at this post (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=30343)for how to avoid this.